Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Niro 3 2022 model, just completed 1000 miles. When approaching a stationary object there s no warning. However, if I select reverse, then drive forward the warning sounds. Why?

·
Registered
KIA Niro 2020 HEV - DynamicPlusLine
4 Posts
For the front parking sensor, it will only give you warning if you use the "parking assist". There is a button for that, near the clutch. I think, that's how it supposed to work. Without that activated, there will be no warning.

·
Registered
2021 Ceed 1.6 Hybrid Auto.
26 Posts
I was surprised that my 2021 Ceed GT line didn't have front sensors. I think a lot of people would rather have sensors all-round rather than a heated steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I have a Niro 3 2022 model, just completed 1000 miles. When approaching a stationary object there s no warning. However, if I select reverse, then drive forward the warning sounds. Why?
That is how Kia have set them to work. You can activate them via the switch by gear stick.

Reactions: GlasgowBhoy

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Bottom right.
Looks like a P WiFi Dunces hat 😂

Automotive design Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

Reactions: GlasgowBhoy

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Well mine has the sensors in the bumper.
Would think radar would not be much good where you are up close as it would not pick anything up at the side of the car.

Spec does say forward sensors (but we know how accurate that has been of late)

Reactions: macgd016

·
Registered
2021 Ceed 1.6 Hybrid Auto.
26 Posts
Yes i
Well mine has the sensors in the bumper.
Would think radar would not be much good where you are up close as it would not pick anything up at the side of the car. I'm sure when I seen the car advertised it said front and rear sensors, I'll maybe make an inquiry.

Spec does say forward sensors (but we know how accurate that has been of late)
Yeah I have forward radar for collision, but as you say that doesn't come into play when parking.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
194 Posts
You had me curious there so went out to check. The button only activates my front sensors. Maybe when you only have rear it works them, but you'd think, what's the point when reverse activates then anyway.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My Sportage only had rear sensors a standard and it has that button.
The rear sensors automatically engage when reverse gear is selected but you can turn them off with that button - possibly if you want to avoid the load beeping in the car so that you do not disturb a sleeping baby ot some such reason.

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
194 Posts
but you can turn them off with that button - possibly if you want to avoid the load beeping in the car so that you do not disturb a sleeping baby ot some such reason.
Ahhh. Maybe also if towing. You wouldn't want the constant beep if reversing with a caravan I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts