Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just ordered a KX3 Sat-Nav Auto and wondering whether to get the front parking sensors added. I'm told they are switch activated rather than automatic. Any experiences good/bad?
Thanks for putting together such a useful forum!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I would have them, because you can't tell how far away the front bumper is and already had a little scrape on a low wall last year

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive got the front parking sensors, and i find them very usefull. i only switch them on when im parking with obstacles in front of me, especially low obstacles. you cant see the front of the car so they are quite helpfull in my opinion.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry, not trying to be a smart*rse, but whatever happened to the art of spacial awareness, knowing your car and being able to place it within an inch or two of obstacles, espcially those in front of you?
No wonder driving habits are becoming more and more sloppy as technology makes us lazier and lazier.

Rant over.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If parking sensors are fitted, why not use them? if they are not fitted, why not fit them? If someone is clever enough to gauge the front or rear bumper distances by experienced guessing Well Done, but, be honest and count the number of times you had to re-enter the car and move further back because your front was sticking out a foot and a half more than anyone else in the T_ _ _ _o car park?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Are they difficult to fit yourself?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agree with Livi. You need to be aware of the size of the car your driving. Just a bit of practice and you don't need the sensors. It's a big car but not exactly an artic

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I think
some of you have missed the point that both spursfanzone & WD Pro have made:-<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

<i style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">"don't use them often, but
very useful"[/i]

It's
an aid guy's for when you happen to be manoeuvring in a very tight spot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
MININUT said:
If parking sensors are fitted, why not use them? if they are not fitted, why not fit them? If someone is clever enough to gauge the front or rear bumper distances by experienced guessing Well Done, but, be honest and count the number of times you had to re-enter the car and move further back because your front was sticking out a foot and a half more than anyone else in the T_ _ _ _o car park?
Being honest - never.
I agree, if they are fitted why not use them, but IMO it's stil the lazy way out.
If they're not fitted, then I certainly wouldn't be wasting my money having them fitted.
In 30 odd years driving, the only time any of the extremities of any of my cars has been damaged is by other drivers, too incompetent to know the size of their cars properly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Everyone,

There are a lot of these 'yes/no' debates in this forum and to be honest they will never conclude anything because it boils down to opinion. Some people will say yes for good reasons and other no. But it is interesting seeing how different people formulate their views/priorities

So, I wonder if we could have a voting system on this forum a bit like WhatCar.A topic would then have a voting bar and you could see the split displayed as the votes accumulate?

Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can you or the dealer fit them afterwards? If you have the rear ones installed thenI assume the electronic box is already there? One accessory list says they are £200 another says £133?
Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Beware the two sensor factory/dealer fitted front parking sensors will not protect the corner edges, especially venerable when parallel parking. They are also manually switchable because they might activate in rainy or dirty situation whilst driving.

I've had installed a Laserline four sensor after market kit and had them wiredinto the speed pulse sensor therefore automatically deactivating them at speeds above 5mph. Didn't bother with the bezels, the sensors areunnoticable and flush with the bodywork.

Cost fitted & colour coded= £250ish
Edited by: [email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer they are £265 fitted sorry don.t know how they look another 8 weeks today I collect my Sportage which I ve ordered with front sensors.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
O K, call it karma if you will, I suppose I asked for it! After shooting my mouth off on here about front parking sensors being a waste of money, some incompetent ar*e*ole has driven nose first into a side by side parking bay and redesigned my back passenger door, scraping and denting it right on the crease which sweeps upwards just before the wheelarch. Happened in my car park at home overnight and the ba**ard left no details!!
Not a happy bunny that my 8 month old car is no longer pristine and it looks like an insurance job to sort!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts