Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the fitting of side steps I've a spare set of front moulded mudflaps available but without securing nuts. Only a few months old if anyone wants to make an offer for them. (I did receive a PM from Kiastorm butyouve exceeded the number of messages that can be sent to you on the forum??.)

Edited by: Seasider

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would have but just bought a full set of oem for £20, fitting soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good price as the full Kia moulded set front and rear cost me £89 from the dealer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'll let you know how good a fit they are, I'm fitting them this weekend and might do a quick video.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have to say I fitted the mudflaps tonight and they are easy. You will need a screwdriver ratchet to get into tight angles, got one from B&Q for a fiver.

The screws are already on the wheel arches. Heres the link to the ones I bought if anyone else wants some. Took about a week to deliver.

KIA mud flapsEdited by: HGF69

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll keep that in mind VikingPaul
- to be honest the car was orderedwith the mats and flaps before Ijoined this forum.

·
Registered
260 Posts
john123 said:
There is room to fit the front set if you turn steering to full lock and take rear wheels off for rear set.
Bit extreme taking the rears of if you have an offset screwdriver.

·
Registered
60 Posts
HGF69 said:
I have to say I fitted the mudflaps tonight and they are easy. You will need a screwdriver ratchet to get into tight angles, got one from B&Q for a fiver.

The screws are already on the wheel arches. Heres the link to the ones I bought if anyone else wants some. Took about a week to deliver.

KIA mud flaps
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did a video, it ain't that good, messed up the orientation but if anyone wants it let me know, hopefully I'll YouTube it soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I fitted some to my Sportage and agree they are reasonably easy to do. Turn the front wheels to get the room for the front. Had to create/cut a screw fitting underneath at the front but there was a small indentation where the screw needs to go.

The rears were trickier and used a right angle ratchet. The very bottom screws were the hardest as the current trim is held with a expanding plastic stud with a pin in the centre, the bits with supplied with the flaps didn't want to go through the existing holes so they became a nut on the rear of the self tapper!

Not sure if they do anything now they are fitted - might prevent a few of the bigger bits being thrown up the side of the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts