Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 2.9crdi Sedona which I had an MOT done recently and one of the advisories was that there is slight play inboth front lower suspension arm bushes. I asked the garage to give me a price for fixing this and was told that the whole suspension arm on either side would have to be replaced as the bushes cant be replaced on there own. I was quoted £500 which seems quite a lot to me but is this about the right price I should expect to pay? The garage I dealt with didnt have much experience working on Sedona's.

Any replies would be very much appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
puck_32303 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 2.9crdi Sedona which I had an MOT done recently and one of the advisories was that there is slight play inboth front lower suspension arm bushes. I asked the garage to give me a price for fixing this and was told that the whole suspension arm on either side would have to be replaced as the bushes cant be replaced on there own. I was quoted £500 which seems quite a lot to me but is this about the right price I should expect to pay? The garage I dealt with didnt have much experience working on Sedona's.

Any replies would be very much appreciated, Thanks.
Hi
Theres some advertised on EBay at the moment, it's the complete arm I think and they were fairly cheap. Just put Kia Sedona in and look down the list of stuff.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi puck brunos correct fleebayfor the arms do it your self about an hour and a halfs work a couple of bolts each side then get your tracking done prob solved . simples.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Thanks for the replies, sounds quite easy and I've had a look and looks straight forward enough but as a beginner with limited car DIY experience do you thinks its something I would manage?

Thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
puck_32303 said:
Hi

Thanks for the replies, sounds quite easy and I've had a look and looks straight forward enough but as a beginner with limited car DIY experience do you thinks its something I would manage?

Thanks
Hi Mate
Its not too hard if you can use a spanner and read then its easy. Heres how you how to do it

file:///C:/Users/Rick/Documents/lower arm.pdfRemoval
Raise vehicle and support it with safety stands.
2. Remove wheel and tires assembly.
3. Remove the hydraulic brake hose and the speed
sensor cable from routing bracket on the strut
assembly ( I never do this when doing the lower arms I always leave these on)
Remove the two stabilizer control link nut from
installing on the lower control arm and to the end of
the stabilizer.
5. Remove the tension rod from the lower control arm
after loosening two bolts and nuts.
6. Remove the lower arm ball joint bolt and nut from
steering knuckle.
7. Using a pry bar, seperate steering knuckle from
lower control arm.
Notice
Use caution when seperating lower control arm
from steering knuckle, so ball joint seal does not get
cut.
s Notice
Do not damage dust boot when removing dust boot
from ball joint.
8. Remove the tie rod end nut disconnect the tie
rod end
Notice
a) Care must be taken not to separate the inner
C/V joint during this operation.
b) Do not allow driveshaft to hang by inner C/V
joint after removing outer C/V joint from the
hub/bearing assembly in steering knuckle.
Pull steering knuckle out and away from the outer
C/V joint of the driveshaft.

Hope this helps if not email me and I'll send the suspension chapter from the manual

1 - 6 of 6 Posts