Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see it mentioned anywhere, but I need to replace the KIA badge on the front of my 2018 Sportage, and I've heard different things about the fitment of it.
I've heard it's a simple adhesive fix, but also that it's bolted in place with 2 nuts behind the front grille?
Can someone please confirm as visibility is far from good, and I don't want to start stripping things to find out it's just stuck on, and likewise I don't want to start heating it and cutting behind with string to find out it's bolted either.
I'm not particularly fussed either way TBH, but just want to know in advance to choose my method of attack.
T.I.A.(y)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine is a 2016, by the look of your profile pic you have the same style bumper so I guess it's similair. The front one is mounted with small pieces adhesive and two screws. To undo these you need a "stubby" phillips screw driver, just before the screws come out press on them to break the adhesive (no need for heating it comes off quite easily).
Take the plastic bit away from the top of the bumper first and the screws will be clearly visible, space to undo is rather tight hence the stubby..
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is a 2016, by the look of your profile pic you have the same style bumper so I guess it's similair. The front one is mounted with small pieces adhesive and two screws. To undo these you need a "stubby" phillips screw driver, just before the screws come out press on them to break the adhesive (no need for heating it comes off quite easily).
Take the plastic bit away from the top of the bumper first and the screws will be clearly visible, space to undo is rather tight hence the stubby..
Hope this helps!
Thank you very much that's very helpful 🍻
I've never heard of the nightfall badges, I'll have a look into those, thanks again (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts