Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sedona 2.9 cdti TS 2006 with 28k on clock - Did an airport run yesterday and on the return journey with window open I noticed a metallic scraping/ rubbing noise from the front nearside wheel area that increased as the wheelspeed increased and was worse when turning left or right. Expecting it to be the metal disc shield or even the disc pad worn down to the audible warning device and coming into contact with the disc. I had a look this morning and found that the scale that forms on the outer edge of the disc was about 4 mm thick and had formed a lip that was coming into contact with the disc shield. The pads and the rest of the disc were in good condition and well within the wear limits specified by Kia. The scale on the outer edge is easily removeable using a light hammer to tap it off. With the car jacked up and on axle stands, and the rear wheels chocked up I started the engine, put the car in second gear. causing the disc to revolve and then removed the lip with an angle grinder as the disc spun. I also bent the disc shield away from the disc as it seemed to be very close to the disc. Other side was exactly the same so that was done as well.All basic stuff and a simple fix but worth considering if you have a similar problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts