Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Kia members

I've recently part-ext my old Kia Pic (2004) for the new Kia Pic 2 (2012), what puzzle me is the set of two lights on the bottom front bumper without lights being turned on the DRL lit on the top part, when i turn the night light on DRL turned off night light lit, the front fog light i turn over isn't lit, in the manual i have to turn the dip headlight/low beam on for the fog lights to lit so that got the front fog lights (as well the rear fog light) on which is the bottom part.
What i'm puzzled about is the DRL light is brighter then the fog light which isn't right as it should be the other way round? anyone had the similar way let me know, if you want the photo of the front double light set bumper i can do that and show what light switch position that lit up.

Super Moderator
Fog lights need a focused flat beam to light the road. which is why they do not seem bright, compared to DRL's. Which as designed to be seen.
Which is why you should only use fog lights in fog...
Too bright and the light is just reflected back and reduce your vision. Just like using main beam in fog.
DRL come on when engine is started. Will dim down when you put side/headlights on. That is how they are supposed to work.
Remember DRL is only front lights.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Fog lights need a focused flat beam to light the road. which is why they do not seem bright, compared to DRL's. Which as designed to be seen.
Which is why you should only use fog lights in fog...
Too bright and the light is just reflected back and reduce your vision. Just like using main beam in fog.
DRL come on when engine is started. Will dim down when you put side/headlights on. That is how they are supposed to work.
Remember DRL is only front lights.
thank you for the feedback, i agree about lighting up bright light in fog that'll risk further reducing the vision distance/view. it just i find it odd how the DRL is brighter then fog light in the front. the rear fog light (right side, UK car) looks the same brightness level as the DRL unless like you said having brighter on the front isn't good for the driver to see where they're going while the rear is brighter to be more easily seen so the driver from behind can react accordingly.
i have to get use the wipers and indicator lever being the other way round after i part-ext the car 馃槀馃槄

1 - 3 of 3 Posts