Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously came from a Focus to the Ceed and notice this is a heck of a lot more sensitive than my previous car. Is it just as tech moves on or is thus the norm with Kia?
In all the years of driving my focus it never activated, yet I've probably had about 6-8 instances with the Ceed since August last year when I got it.
I'm not sure if the Focus had the bit under bumper (or behind) or it only worked off the screen sensor, so maybe this is why.

Super Moderator
Only had a couple of occasions on any of ours.
Usually when someone exits on a slip road & slows down & you are still on the main road. So to me seems to be more aimed to the left.
Have you set sensitivity to max? As that helps a lot.

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had it apply the brakes as I try to interact quickly with it. Guy in work says his (same car) has slammed the brakes on 3 times, so not sure what he's doing.

Registered
Sounds like you need to adjust the sensitivity as it is activating too soon. Try adjusting from the settings the distance that it kicks in at which should resolve your issue. Had this with my Sportage until I adjusted the distance that the forward collision detection kicks in.

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok was only 2 options. Normal and later. I've now set at later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts