Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but am finding that roughly half the time I try and access this forum I can't. I either get an error page saying...

500 Internal Server Error
<h3 style="font-size: 1.2em; margin-top: 10px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; ">There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.</h3>

or, less often...

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while connecting to the database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:-err_Access_db_connection
File Name:-database_connection.asp
Forum Version:-10.03

Error details:-
Microsoft JET Database Engine
Unspecified error

Sometimes I cant access the forum at all and sometimes it will happen when I am trying to post a reply or read a new thread or post.

I've done a couple of searches and nobody else seems to be moaning. Is it just me?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I've noticed the 500 thingy message a few times recently.
I use my phone most of the time and put it down to that? It occurred recently on another forum I frequent !!!

As for reason ? Unsure!!!

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,147 Posts
Me too! Exactly the same message over the last 7 days or so.
Phil

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've also had both those messages, both at home and at work. Sometimes it just sits there trying to load the page for ages but never getting anywhere. Sunday was down whenever I tried it, and it was down just after midday today.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yep, me too? I just go away and do something else, then come back later but it has been happening quite a lot recently
Edited by: Griffo

·
Registered
79 Posts
and me too couldnt access the site at all on sunday, left it came back on monday and no problems, strange. The inerweb gremlins must be busy lol

mike

·
Registered
536 Posts
Been like this for me for over a week. Mostly on iPad so I wonder if it's a mobile site problem that's interfearing with the full site?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Davy, I was going to ask a similar question but I wondered what BanditGT hoped was being looked into
That's good to hear Dano, thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi all,Just to update you - looks like the current database platform the forum is on needs upgrading.

The forum has grew massively over the past year and I think we're now running out of resources. I'll get everything sorted I need to do this end and will look at taking the forum offline for a few hours to update it. I'll try and schedule it over a weekend when its a bit quieter.

Cheers
Dan

1 - 20 of 31 Posts