Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my new Venga 2 Eco CRDi 1.4 Diesel the other day. Had to drive it home in a blizzard and only taken a short trip to Asda since to fill it up and get provisions.Help!

I have ordered a Parking Reversing Sensor kit off Ebay and will need to fit it real soon.
The four 21mm button sensors normally fit equi-spaced along the rear bumper and it is best to remove it for fitting. Anyone know how it comes off? The control box needs to be powered from the reversing lights. Again can anyone id the correct wires and know how to get at them without causing damage?
Also most ultrasonic sensors aren't supposed to work properly if mounted in metal rather than plastic and need to face horizontally to avoid sensing the ground. The narrow black plastic part of the bumper is angled down and is probably too low anyway.Where are the factory fitted sensors mounted?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi derwentdale . Welcome to the forum :)The rear bumpers are not to bad to remove . Usally there are plastic lugs with Phillips heads on view when you open the tailgate just unscrew them gently and pop them out using a flat blade screwdriver minding the paint work ! Then there should be some clips inside the wheel arches like the ones in the boot if I can remember remove these in the say process as others regarding the rear light wiring there should be a diagram in the kit :) hope this helps dan :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
don't bother takingthe bumperoff, there is enough space behind to work. take the passenger side boot trim off, easy enough just a couple of screws,3 i think.there are two earth points by seat belt, use this for your earth, there is a loom that goes up nsr pillar( reverse lights are in tailgate not rear lamp). there are 3 green wires in the loom, the dark green wire is the reverse light feed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The sensors are best fitted 30mm down from where the bumper angles. sent me a message and i'll send you a attachment for fitting instructions for kia sensors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. This is looking like it is going to be a doddle. And what a great Forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Job done and dusted. No problems thanks to the help from this Forum. Many thanks to Dano and woohoo. For anyone thinking of fitting parking sensors to a Venga it is cheap, easy and worthwhile. I have prepared a step by step guide with photos for the faint of heart. Just send me a private message with your email if you would like a copy.Update: You can now download my fitting guide directly from:
http://...derwentdale.talktalk.net/Fit Parking Sensors.pdf

You will need to change the three dots above into www + dot in your browser after clicking the link.

Edited by: Derwentdale

·
Registered
543 Posts
Brilliant good to hear that it went well knew you could do it :) I'm having revering camera fitted soon :D but only for a gimmick lol don't really need but looks good when you reverse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts