Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im a new driver (in my mid 50s) so all new to me so forgive my ignorance in advance.

But today got my 2017 kia venga delivered. I really like it took it for a spin and its perfect for my city driving needs.

but one question I cant seem to turn the radio off. All I can do is mute the sound - but then I want to be able to use the satnav with the voice.

Is there a way to totally turn of the radio and keep the satnav operating with sound ? I dont listen to the radio whilst driving. Looked everywhere on how to do this but no luck yet.
What I am missing here :) ?

thank you in Advance

Dexplay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 as well and have never found a way of turning off the radio when sat nav is on. All I do is turn radio volume right down to minimum and set the sat nav voice volume separately in the sat nav menu. The radio volume knob shouldn't have any effect on sat nav as it will remain at the volume you set in the menu.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
but one question I cant seem to turn the radio off. All I can do is mute the sound - but then I want to be able to use the satnav with the voice.

Is there a way to totally turn of the radio and keep the satnav operating with sound ? I dont listen to the radio whilst driving. Looked everywhere on how to do this but no luck yet.
What I am missing here :) ?

thank you in Advance

Dexplay
Not sure of the exact nature of your Nav unit but on mine (Stonic) you just press the volume control in and the radio is switched off. Press it again to switch radio on. The knob has the International Power On/Off symbol next to it to signify it's power control;
Gesture Font Symbol Circle Electric blue

If you then want to use/display Maps / Nav just press the appropriate button. Turning the radio off does not mute the Nav instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts