Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2 Souls on a 60 plate and around end of November the main user key fell apart and eventually, after some nonsensicaldealer logistics, this was replaced under warranty. Now, the main key of our second Soul has fallen apart. It is used by a different person . Both of us take care of the keys and handle withproperly . Neither car has done over 12K.. The dealer nowinforms us that they have had a memo from Kia warranty saying that faulty keys will no longer be covered under warranty.!! The cost of a replacement key is around £150.00 !!
Has anyone else had this problem?? I have contacted customer services but have not had a full response yet. How can a part be covered by warranty on one occasion and then not the next time? Its good to have a 7 year warranty but notif the manufacturer moves the goal posts at will.
I would like to know if a) anyone else has exerinced the diintergrating key and b) have they managed to resolve isuues of variations or alterations towarranty ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for replying. The first key was replaced. Apparently that had a hairline crack in the articulating part. [which i could not see]

They have not examined the second key at all yet just told me that a memo was sent to dealers a few weeks ago stating that keys are no longer covered under warranty. This latest casualty has not been back to the dealer for examination so they could not have made a judgement as to whether the key has been abused. Neither one has had anything other than normal use in any case.

The dealer has told me they have had quite a few keys (across the Kia range0 which have broken. It seems to me that the thin pin holding the key to the remote/fob is inadequate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.