Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my mats out to vacuum underneath, and both clips on the drivers mat broke apart, a small piece of plastic pinged off both (think nail clipping size) but can't find it now. The L part fits onto the floor stud, the R part secures to the L with the mat trapped between but they're now just loose. Any ideas how to resolve? Not sure superglue would fix it either.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Synthetic rubber Tread Rim

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Any ideas how to resolve?
Although you risk being informed that it was because of your clumsiness, why don't you explore having this issue put right under the terms of the warranty......or have you already tried?

It strikes me that you have probably removed mats in many previous cars without mishap which may suggest that the fixings in your EV6 are not fit for purpose.

Even if you had to pay for new parts from KIA and have them fitted in your dealership, I shouldn't think it would be prohibitively expensive. Hopefully though, it will be addressed as a warranty claim.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,956 Posts
Although you risk being informed that it was because of your clumsiness, why don't you explore having this issue put right under the terms of the warranty......or have you already tried?

It strikes me that you have probably removed mats in many previous cars without mishap which may suggest that the fixings in your EV6 are not fit for purpose.

Even if you had to pay for new parts from KIA and have them fitted in your dealership, I shouldn't think it would be prohibitively expensive. Hopefully though, it will be addressed as a warranty claim.
...or even a good-will claim?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have yet to contact the dealer, this will be complicated as the car came from one city, the mats another city, and I live in a third. I'll talk to my local dealer in the week. Someone on the EV6 Facebook group has suffered the same issue, so he must be as clumsy as me 🤐

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Yes same for me. Mats in other cars I had just pulled up. Nope not Kia same as you nail clipping size plastic flew away. I got sealent and put parts back together with sealent and fixed to mat. Left a weight on it all night. So far so good. Do not go mad with sealent take your time. Fecking Kia problems.

·
Registered
Sportage 1.7 Diesel
217 Posts
Failing plastics seem to be a problem in all areas of modern life. They go brittle with age. We never had this with brass fittings "when I were a lad"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts