Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was driving my Rio CRDi a yellow light kept flickering on and off on the dash console. It looked like a a washer jet. I presume this is an indicator to tell you when the washer bottle is empty? I've never seen it before, even when the tank has been empty. The tank was full, any ideas why it might be flickering on and off?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any flickering light is generally either a loose connection or a poor earth. Have a look at the fuse box, and check which line the fuse is in. Check the other parts working off this fuse, and if they are ok, then it is either faulty wires to the warning light, or a fault in the dash itself. If it is indeed for the washers, then disconnect at source, making sure it does not interfere with anything else, tape up the live wire and do what you always did when you run out of water, usually when you need it most. Swear like a trooper and fill at the nearest opportunity.
Taking the dash out would be a helluva big job for such a paltry though very irritating flashing fault.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It hasn't done it again since yesterday. It's odd it never came on when the tank really was empty a couple of months back when we had all the salt on the roads and I was getting through washer fluid like there was no tomorrow. I think I'll let it run down to empty and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts