Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I wonder if you can help with a problem on my Kia Ceed. It is unfortunately just out of warranty and the drivers side DLRs flicker badly when the headlights are on. I've heard this can be an expensive fix so I was wondering if there was any way to simply disable the daytime running lights?

Many thanks in advance,
Derek

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Disabling the DRLs will make the car unroadworthy and is an MoT failure - they are compulsory,.

This problem is a known issue and KIA might look kindly on a warranty fix - suggest that you contact Kia Customer Services on here and see what they advise.

Failing that there might be a way to get inside the housing and replace them with suitable "ordinary" bulbs - will be a bit of a hack but coud save lots of dosh.

First port of call would be to throw youself on the mercy of KCS.

Do let us know how you get on with this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Turnup, it's out of warranty I'm afraid and I'm guessing that getting the dealer to fix it will be very expensive. From what I have read it is a problem with the LED controller. Do you know of anyone who could fix it in the Glasgow area?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
There are examples on here of KIA performing warranty repairs for out of warranty vehicles where there is a known problem - yours can only be just out of warranty. I strongly suggest you try KCS on here before doing anything else - what have you got to lose?

·
Registered
117 Posts
If Kia refuse to help you could do this, or get a professional to repair the LED driver board

I've done a bit of research and I think Kia have updated the LED driver board in the newer lights and ones they are replacing under Warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts