Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had problem with battery going flat and it being related to the audio system being faulty?
mine has died twice on me now and kia insisted that the battery was fine and just needed charge. since then has happened again and RAC think its a fault with the audio system not turning off and draining battery.

car is in with kia at the moment so hopefully can figure it out!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Viking Paul had said something about this happening and it was a radio fault. Search previous posts and you may find it. Or give him a shout on here as a new topic.
Just had a look on the Ceed section and Paul said it was a radio fault that was causing the problem and to take back to the dealer.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cheers mate, i had a brief look through but couldnt find anything.

they are supposed to call me today to let me know what is goin on.

they very kindly gave me a picanto for a rental care...great

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Pro tom I had a look on the ceed section and Paul said it was a radio fault that was causing this so take back to dealer. Paul is a Kia tech guy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, there are possibly 2 seperate faults here, the wiring to the alternator is an issue relating to battery drain, and an earth strap near the battery causing electrical faults like radio turning off. Your dealer should be aware of these.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chaps i have this problem of the battery intermittently draining in a matter of a few hours. the other day i drove to work 5 miles, parked up locked up and went into work. 4 hours later battery dead and you like and had to get a jump of a friend. car ran fine for a couple of weeks then battery dead again. can seem to figure out where the drain is coming from. Anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
They are bee stings Dano. Electric aerials are very 80s

Was there not something on here earlier saying about radio faults that cause battery drain and Kia sort it by fitting new radio under warranty.

Edited by: davy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts