Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I wonder if anyone is having the same problem. I have a Kia Pro'ceed 2014. Lovely car which I have had for nearly 1 year. About a month ago, someone at work noticed my car hazard lights flashed for no reason. I wasn't anywhere near the car, so it can't be a faulty key fob. I checked the car and it was still locked and all seemed ok so I did nothing about it. Since then, several people have reported my hazard lights flash intermittently. Yesterday for the first time, I saw it happen myself. Hazard lights flashed once. Wing mirrors came out, interior light came on. I was too far away to see if the car had actually unlocked itself. About 10 seconds later, hazard lights flashed again, mirrors folded in, interior light went out.
Anyone have any ideas why it does it? I'm concerned if it happens in a public car park and the car does actually unlock itself.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Sounds like the car was being unlocked. Has anybody managed to capture the "code" when you've unlocked the car previously? You hear horror stories of how the bad lads are intercepting these and programming their own key fobs.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like it's definitely unlocking itself. Does it only happen in one place, for instance near some high-powered military radars?

If not, then the two likely suspects Is low battery charge , or the sensor/wiring is duff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi my brake lights do the same but its also same time as my car is loosing power & skid light on dash is coming on........have you had yours checked yet?mine is pro ceed 2012

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your comments.
The lights flash anywhere, home, work. etc. (and are still doing it every now and again). :(
Battery is ok and car had 12,000 mile service when I bought it and no faults were spotted at that time.
Most likely a faulty sensor, so I will get it checked out by my local Kia garage.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
It is possible it is being unlocked by another fob or signal from elsewhere. Then as the door is not opened it locks itself again after the set time period. If the door bell at my daughters house is pressed it Unlocks a car opposite side of the road. She has told the owner who has watched it and his motor then locks again. This has been happening for over 3 years

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I know it's not Kia-related but my old boss couldn't understand why the electric windows on his Rover 720 were always open at about 10.30 each morning. One morning he was at the coffee machine when another guy hit the microwave switch to warm his bacon roll when he noticed his car in the car park; he watched all 4 windows opening together. Yep, it was the microwave doing it. That got changed pdq as he was fed up with the open windows in the rain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts