Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I pick up my 2005 2.0 CRDi XE on Saturday, I noticed it had a black 7 pin towing socket and tow-bar fitted. My question is would the flasher unit have been changed for a heavy duty one and will I get some sort of indication the Caravan indicators are working OK? At the moment I am not going to fit the grey 12s socket and will tow with just the black one, later I will be fitting the 13 pin type in time for a new caravan next year.

Ed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Difficult to say yes or no, you will need to have a look at what is fitted behind the dash.
It may have been wired with an audible bleeper which may be hidden behind the rear trim near the rear light cluster. If you don't have a tell-tale lamp on the dash somewhere I would suspect you have an audible bleeper.
When I wired my 2007 XE I fitted an uprated flasherunit and fitted the tell-tale led light just above the 4x4 switch on the right of thedrivers dash. Flasher unit lives behind the dash and on mine was accessible via the end of dash panel you can access with the drivers door open.

Try fitting a trailer board to you 12N socket and see if you have a bleeper fitted.

Colb

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colb

I was wondering if they had an uprated flasher as standard but it seems they dont. I will be able to park next to my caravan when I get the car on Saturday then use a 12N extension lead I have to see what I have fitted, I hope it has some sort of indication that the caravan lights are OK. I will report back what I find.

Ed

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the flashers with my caravan connected last week and there is an bleeper fitted, happy with that. I am now getting all the bits together to fit the 12s socket.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts