Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am trying to fit a warning light on the dash for the trailor indicators to my 2003 deisel Sorento xe.I have fitted a 4 pin towing relay but nothing works. Is it likely to be a faulty relay or is kia wireing differant to a european car. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
When i had a Discovery i changed the original flasher unit to a 4 pin and this automatically operated a warning light already in the dash.I have been towing with my Sorento 8 years now and when i fittedtow-bari just used the audible one built in the wiring relay at the back end.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Birdman, i have a audiable one now but the noise sends my dogs mad so ithought i would put a light on the dash but the Ring heavy duty flasher i have got wont work. Many thanks Dave

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Just had a thought. If buzzer is a problem,can you not take wires off buzzer, making note of which ispositiveand negative and then run a pair of wires from them to the front and then use a 12 Volt LED obtainable from Maplins or a electronic supplies shop. You will need an LED rather than a bulb as it will require less power.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi just a quick update, you can replace the kia 3 pin flasher with a 4 pin towing unit but you need to swop the live and earths round to make it work. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Glad you have got it sorted. Happy vanning, lets hope we have a good year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts