Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Is there anything I should be aware of purchasing a Sorento that hasn’t had a factory fitted tow hitch? I’m condidering buying one that hasn’t had one fitted and getting one fitted at a local trailer/Towbar centre. Should I be considering having the local Kia dealer fit one instead? Just want the best job really, and ideally with the more powerful 12v supply that will charge my caravan battery whilst driving. I’ve got an old twin electric set-up on my trailer and used a 12pin conversion cable on my previous tow vehicle which was a Santa-fe. Thanks in advance! Paul :)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Simple enough to fit and wiring is simple feeding off rear lamp supplies, no need for dedicated wiring on this model. Ask for feed through to battery for fridge to be minimum 4mm cable as if your caravan is modern the fridges require around 13.5 volts to kick in, therefore you need to avoid voltage drop due to length of cable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simple enough to fit and wiring is simple feeding off rear lamp supplies, no need for dedicated wiring on this model. Ask for feed through to battery for fridge to be minimum 4mm cable as if your caravan is modern the fridges require around 13.5 volts to kick in, therefore you need to avoid voltage drop due to length of cable.
Thank you! 😊 I’ve actually now bought one with factory fitted Towbar and the older twin electrics arrangement. There’s a thick red wire running from the front of the car just under the carpet trim so I guess someone has already upgraded the 12v supply cable to facilitate running of fridge and leisure battery charging whilst towing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts