Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone knows:
1) if Kia are likely to offer a fitted satnav option for the ceed?

2) if I buy a kenwood fitted satnav/radio/bluetooth can it be wired so that the steering wheel controls and the centre console display will both still work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm aiming to do exactly the same thing and I've recently done some searching about the internet to find the right stereo - and minly if it will fit ok ( as the last thing I want to do is buy a stereo that doesn't fit connection wise).

I've seen a stereo that was originally aimed for the CERATO model that apparantly fits the ceed. it's excellent quality, with sat nav, dvd, bluetooth, and all the goodies of a 7 inchscreen. It's only £300 too (new) at certain stockistswhich is a bonus.

Once I find out if it will link into the wheel controls then I'm going to buy.
When you switch it on, it flashes up with the "kia" logo and looks like a factory fit job.

Will update once I find more out.........

check out like to one of the stockists (but not the cheapest):

http://www.autogpsdvd.com/KIA-08-Cerato-Navigation-DVD-map-software-Bluetooth-iPod-%2B-Digital-Touchscreen-%2B-Optional-TPMS_P243958/

·
Registered
56 Posts
They already offer one here in France so they are about. To see what it looks like download the French brochure from the Kia France website and check out page 23.

Interesting idea this so keep us posted.
Edited by: mojomoh

·
Registered
76 Posts
From my experience of built-in sat navs, is that they are overpriced and not as good or easy to use as a cheaper standalone unit. I've even paid out an extra £2,200 in the past to have the touch screen voice controlled one in Range Rover Sport and while is was ok, I've since found my £150 TomTom to be much better at the job. The real advantage is that a TomTom (or the like) is easier and cheaper to keep updated, which is crucial.My recommendation would be to get a decent dash or pillar mount to fit your car from brodit.se and the appropriate mount from them for a TomTom (or the like). Then eitherhard wirethe power or run from the 12V socket. Get the mount right, then it is much easier than having it stuck to the windscreen, much easier to operate and looks almost as good as the built-in or stereo option.

I have a Brodit pillar mount in my Kia Soul for my TomTom. I've also changed the TomTom startup and end screens to Soul pictures. It is in an ideal position for safe operation while driving and it looks good too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of your means of your ceed?

The steering wheel controls will still work but it need to the connect the cable between the dvd and the original car steering wheel controls cable.If you have any question with it, you can contact me and i have installation introduction for it.

Also,the centre console display still work. Yourdvd willn't control yourcentre console display.They are in differentroute.
I bought one KIA dvd from herehttp://www.cnbuynet.com/kia-borrego-gps-dvd-players-with-digital-touchscreen-p-1187.html

It is for Borrego,no forsatnav. But i think there are same same in these function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts