Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening Soul men ( and women )we have owned our searcher diesel for 10 days now. Have taken her ( coco ) to Rawtenstall and back for "maiden" trip, all in 250 miles, mainly motorway, and averaged 48 mph. We managed to maintain the max allowed speed limit ? The car feels as though it wants to just go and go ! we love it ! I hope this will refresh the feeling you must have all felt when you first got your Soul's, but maybe just take it for granted now. Drive on !

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My Tempest Diesel is 2 year old today, 29+k on the clock, mpg not to bad between 40-46mpg on average only had one minor problem with a reverse camera replacement.Still enjoy driving it and after driving one of the new models I will stick with my Tempest it's still great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Afternoon Dave R,
Thanks for reading, and I'me allready looking forward to years of fun and enjoyment.

My first post to the forum was to Choc o Shake ref. big wheels, for I had heard so much bad press about the ride quality, now " we " are in the age bracket that is supposed to have had the best of ever thing ( retired ) and did'nt want to be shaken to bits on our 'days out' so am very pleased that the firmish ride also means that we stick to the roads ( whats left of them around here ) like glue !

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Toptops,I love the firm ride because the car rides so high then to get a good handling car you have to have a firm ride. We have also just retired and moved to the coast and even though the roads are not fantastic here the ride is more than acceptable,my car which I sold when I retired was a two seater with a rock hard ride.I bought the Soul Tempest for my wifes birthday two years ago ,her last car was just the operstite on the ride as it was a Citroen with squashy suspension.I cannot understand anybody who buys a car with superb designed18" wheels with low profile tyres knowing that it means a hard ride then wants to change everything and put inferior wheels on it.I hope they find somebody with the same opinion as themselves when they try to sell it,part of the total package are the wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Toptops, it's good to know your happy with the car. I also agree with Dave R I don't see the ride a problem. Maybe as I'm a bit younger. When I get in my old avensis (e)state, that i use for a workhorse now feels like I'm at sea, it's so floaty and the body roll it immense.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave R,

well Dave are you the people that now live in Bridlington, east Yorkshire ??

great fish and chips to be had there !

We know that coast well, I used to holiday at Thornick Bay when I was a lad !

small world.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes Toptops we are now living in sunny Brid,the fish and chips are great. It is a lovely coast and the Wolds with the North Yorks moors means that there are loads of different places to visit. I used to visit Kidderminster area when I was working so I know it so so. I used to cover all uk inc Ireland so I did a massive amount of driving,glad to be retired now.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome to the forum with a very rare model!....we only have two others on here. Post some pics - its a great colour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your interest,
Just a bit about our choice, we looked at Suzuki SX4 , Nissan Note and in passing, the Soul.
I had a very reliable Suzuki for 10 years and would have chosen another, but when looked at close, the SX4 just seemed so bland.
The Note is allmost perfect for us, well spec'd and spacious, BUT, as soon as we sat in the Shaker, even before a test drive, we just knew it was for us!
Its a bit of a bonus that the dealer had Chocolate with cream trim just sat there waiting for us.
Ref. the flaps, they should be here tomorrow. Service manager assures me they will stop all the stop chips !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems I don't know what I bought ??
Yes TEMPEST, it is indeed a SHAKER in matalic chocolate.
But what is a searcher then ?
Looks as though I need to ' swat up '
Am I still allowed to post as a numskull? Forgive my stupidity.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes the seats are cream ! How did you know ? Is this the normal trim ?
I have found a steering wheel cover in the same colours, maybe I' ve got big hands, but I felt that the wheel needed a bit of extra grip !

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Lesson 1.... Tempests are Titanium. Shakers are Vanilla or Chocolate, Echos are black or white, Searchers are mint green and Burners are black with silver dragons on them. You are no longer a numbskull - so post away!....lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Searchers are mint green with a brown/beige leather interior and all the toys.... and they are really rare, shortly after they were introduced, Kia brought out the 2012 model and stopped making them. And they were the only Soul ever to be in the mint green. Maybe the colour will come back in time?.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Evening people,

You are all very forgining ! Thanks.

I think the one thing extra that we would have liked on the Shaker are HEATED SEATS these sound very luxurious.

Guess a couple of hot water bottles will have to be purchased for next winter !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts