Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My first service is looming and I was wondering if there was anything I should be getting my dealer to pay particular attention to at this time. I have been watching the forum over the last 10 months and I seem to be getting a grip of the issues with is car and so far I have the following that I am going to ask my dealer to look at, has anyone experienced and had a fix for these?

1. Wind noise from sunroof.
2. Knocking sound from sunroof area - normally evident when sun blind is open and going over small bumps.
3. Rattle in passenger seat headrest - I think... But it might be up on the seatbel/pillar area.
4. Small sound from pillar/seatbelt area on drivers side.

Above all sounds picky but they do just spoil the whole Sportage experience a little.

If there are any bits I should get my dealer to check or do then any advice would be apprecited.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yes and what sort of prices have people been paying for ther first service?

·
Registered
290 Posts
si952 said:
Hi All

My first service is looming and I was wondering if there was anything I should be getting my dealer to pay particular attention to at this time. I have been watching the forum over the last 10 months and I seem to be getting a grip of the issues with is car and so far I have the following that I am going to ask my dealer to look at, has anyone experienced and had a fix for these?

1. Wind noise from sunroof.
2. Knocking sound from sunroof area - normally evident when sun blind is open and going over small bumps.
3. Rattle in passenger seat headrest - I think... But it might be up on the seatbel/pillar area.
4. Small sound from pillar/seatbelt area on drivers side.

Above all sounds picky but they do just spoil the whole Sportage experience a little.

If there are any bits I should get my dealer to check or do then any advice would be apprecited.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all

Rattle in seat headrest was actually seatbelt clip rattling on doorpillar.Service cost for my 2.0 petrol kx2 was £122.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Numbers 1 & 2 are known issues and have a technical buletine regarding them so just remind them to fix the problem for you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Richie

Thanks for that info - will get them to look into those bits.

Funky - will let you know

Are there any other Technical Bullitins for the 2010+ hat can be addressed at the same time? And would still be interested in a cost for Service 1.

Si

·
Registered
95 Posts
My first edition was serviced 2 months ago.

Its going in for new front suspension any day now. If you think the front suspension bottoms out far too easilly then this is something to speak to them about.

There have been some issues with suspension that I've seen on other forums.

Slim

·
Registered
536 Posts
And roll bar linkages and bushes. Check out www.kia-hotline.com for buletine updates but if you want to see the actually information the garage sees the. You'll have to pay. But you can see al the info that you need to kick up a stink if the garage ask's you to pay for known problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts