Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just coming up to our first service, rang our local kia dealer today to book in and asked, did it need any software updates he entered our vin and according to them there's only two it needs, one is something to do with making the engine run quieter and the other is the steering update its the first edition 2.0 AWD Diesel.
Just wondered if anyone has had any other updates on there 2.0 Diesel ??????

Edited by: kia$torm

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah had them done about 6 weeks ago on my FE diesel while having the alloys replaced under warranty, the engine seems quieter and not as rough when switching off there seems less vibration , the steering seemed better as i remember but i can't say i had a major problem with it anyway. I seem to think there was also something to do with the suspension but i can't remember what it was

·
Registered
140 Posts
"I seem to think there was also something to do with the suspension but i can't remember what it was"

-ECU software upgrade ""“ dual mass fly wheel noise improvement<?: PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>

-Rear trailing arm bolt check<O:p></O:p>
-ECU upgrade ""“ (Electronic Power Steering upgrade (EPS)<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply, just want it to have all the updates, man on reception was a bit errrr not sureand had to ring me back.
Like you say not had a problem with steering and thought engine was very quiet.
Saying that it`s the first new car we have owned and not had a list of faults on it`s first service
it`s been a good car to own in its first year

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon, I have just purchased a Sportage 2.0FE and was wondering whatproblem you had with your wheels and if KIA changed them without a fuss under the warranty?

I have to say, I love mycar so far!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just had first service done on my First Edition. Updates done as belgrave above says. Not noticed any difference so far with the engine but mpg appeared to be a bit better on the journey home and the steering does not seem as light as it was before.
I can't believe it's already 12 months old! Still lovin' it

·
Registered
454 Posts
nickem said:
Good afternoon, I have just purchased a Sportage 2.0FE and was wondering whatproblem you had with your wheels and if KIA changed them without a fuss under the warranty?

I have to say, I love mycar so far!!!
The problem was white flecks appearing around the edges of the wheels apparently caused by water getting under the laquer, it appeared after the winter probably due to road salt , the dealer took pictures and sent a report to kia and they replaced the wheels under warranty without any fuss at all. it seems there may have been some faulty wheels as they were on factory back order when i reported it to the dealer and on another forum others had also had the same issue and one explanation for it was that the edge of the wheels was too square and did not have enough of a rolled edge, so as the tyres were fitted the laquer was worn thinner on the edge where the tyre rubbed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.