Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure and to be quite frank don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my new Soul Echo I was so chuffed and to be honest still am, but alot of friends and colleagues just took the mick, now some people I believe are just jealous and would rather take the mick than actually show genuine interest as there own personal issues won't allow them to be honest, others just don't like Kia and then there are those who when showing a real interest actually comment on how good the new generation of Kia's are which I'm not surprised at as Kia are an up and coming brand continually improving.

So come on people what reactions have you had when buying a Kia and how do you feel about it?

Me personnaly I could'nt care less what others think as I love my new car and I beleive most people do to if they were totally honest!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I just think loads of people who sl*g off Kia are ignorant about the brand. Kia in general have a very reliable collection of cars and are value for money. In saying that they are increasing in price as their reputation improves but that goes for other manufacturers like Skoda, Seat who were cheap to start with but are now on par with other VAG cars.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If I'm honest there is no way I'd have bought a Kia a few years ago but my perception of the brand has changed and I am sure there are loads of people out there who would say the same.
I agree with mka306 though - I couldn't care less what other people say or think because I'm very happy with my First Edition Sportage after 15 months of ownership.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I had a 1995 Kia Mentor 1.6 SLX which I bought in 2000and I had it for 7 years and had very little to do on it apart from servicing it. I had to replace the rubber inlet hose from airfilter to throttle body at £40 and a long metal coolant pipe which I think was about £25. Thought it was a nice car a bit basic but very very reliable. Sold it to the sister inlaw and she had it 3 years without any issues. It ended up in the scrappies as it needed a complete exhaust inc a cat and some welding so it wasn't really worth it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can not take part in the poll as there is nothing there forpeople who said "nice car, might buy one"
I have had no bad comments, in fact everyone who has seen my car was impressed and no one ever said "oh but its a kia" etc

·
Registered
844 Posts
Seems to be a 'ell of a lot of people worried about "having" a Kia , dont really understand it myself. You pay the money take your chance. I have had 4 Audi A4's, two new, in the last 12 years and now am changing to a new Kia sportage K3. Reason, asked dealer price to replace my Audi new last month, he wanted 43K for the same spec I have now, I dont have that so buying Kia for 26K, dont have that either by the way but can find it
. Am I worried what theneighbourswill say, I dont give a monkey. Cars are bits of plastic and metal to get you from A-B (with a bit of luck), cheaper the better.

Yes the guy in the new 46k Q5 will look down his nose at you at the lights in your new Kia but you just wave the 20K saving and 7 years warranty at him.

I dont even have my Kia yet but I think nows the time to buy before Kia start charging the same daft prices

·
Registered
283 Posts
Always get people come over and ask about the motor,everyone has had something positive to say about the Tempest. Love it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I take alot more stick because I'm in the RAF and military mentality is such that its almost ingrained in us all to take the mick, I think its a bit of a marmite car as the styling of the soul is not to everyones taste, but as I've already said I could'nt care less what anyone else thinks cos I love it and the wife loves it so thats all that matters to me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well being a young lad as I am my first car was a picanto 1.1 se everyone used to take the Micky out of it ! All the time calling it slow , cheap Korean which I always used to fight the battle on it's behalf because I loved it ! . I used to say to the person name something extra your cars got that mine hasn't they would be shocked KIA always had every extra going for it's money .
Also the 1.1ltrs were pretty nimble and fast for a small car I
Used to keep up with quite a few 1.4-1.6s with out an issue . I had it for 6 years and covered loads of miles with not one issue at all always passed mot's and servicing was cheap and to be honest I used to give the poor thing a hard life in my younger days .

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have to say my 1st impression of the soul was , :no way im driving that: i hated it on paper, on the reviews, and the video i saw, hubby suggested it to me, i had my heart set on the seat altea, but when i went to test drive it, it wasnt for me, kia were just next door and as we own a ceed already we went for a look, the 1st time i clapped eyes on the soul i loved it, its so spacous inside and so much leg room, my husband is 6ft 5 and can drive it comfortably, hes also been an rac patrolman for 20 years and he says theyre one of the most reliable makes on the road, in 3 weeks time we take delivery of my new soul hunter

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wow, fantastic post, the Soul in some guises doesn't excite me but it does look a very nice spacious car (can't believe it's advertised in their small car range!!!)
Liking your husbands comment on reliability, that's great to hear, hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts