Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have now got just over 10k on my Soul 2. The new paintwork is standing up well after 3k, just one small chip on the bonnet which is acceptable after 3k. The car has now developed a rattle from the tailgate that sounds like the boot latch, although I cannot find any movement in it. The latch does not adjust on the body even though it looks like it should. The only other thing it can be is one of the hydraulic tailgate struts. It is possibe to get the shaft rattling in the body of the strut. I will have it checked when it goes in for an early service before I take it over to Portugal for a couple of weeks. Will keep you informed of the findings should anybody else be unfortunate to get the same noise.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
just wind out the rubber stoppers each end of the lower tailgate edge....do it a quarter turn on each one and see if the rattle stops.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
We have an intermitant rattle in the Tempest, my son say's he can't understand it as it only happens when his mother is in the car.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
tut tut..... i have a rattle in the passenger door......it gets drowned out by the rattle in the passenger seat....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I am like royalty, I do not carry money. My wife says I would spend it too quickly. Will try the bung trick but I think it is more than that. Too busy riding my new motorbike to try it at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts