Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, Floated on here for a few weeks, picked up a brand new PHEV 3 2 weeks ago, after just 1000 miles we have an MIL issue. No warnings in the dash other than the little orange engine light.

can’t get in to see a Kia dealer for 2-3 weeks so I called Kia assist (RAC) out. They couldn’t diagnose the fault or clear it but gave me a fault code, p1441, however he wasn’t convinced as he didn’t have the PHEV in his system. He could only read that on a generic scan.

He suggested we don’t drive the car as he couldn’t tell us what’s wrong, so we currently have a very expensive 2ton drive ornament!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Ceed SW PHEV
58 Posts
Sorry to read about this. It must be disappointing after just 2 weeks of ownership. Is that car running ok apart from the orange engine light?

Does it run ok purely in EV mode?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Might sound nuts but worth a try. It looks like a generic fault code for the fuel Evaporative Emissions System Kia Sorento P0441: EVAP System – Incorrect Purge Flow | Drivetrain Resource and could be a loose or poorly fitting fuel filler cap. Have you checked that has a good seal?
I did, but did also realise that the driving I did afterwards was all in EV. I would have thought though the RAC would be able to reset that code. With it being SO new I don’t really want to try messing and cause extra damage if I’m wrong.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
If RAC advise not to use it drop it off at dealer and say RAC advised not to use and leave it. That will get looked at before 2 to 3 weeks as dealer will not want it taking up parking space. Has always worked. I had this a couple of years back could not book in for 2 weeks. Left motor and was phoned next day all sorted and could pick up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts