Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
600 mile round trip with a full boot, 2 adults and a medium sized child. A mixture of motorway and A road driving with a few hold ups due to traffic. Actual average fuel consumption calculated at the end of the journey was 49.08mpg. The trip meeter showed 49.3mpg at the end of the journey so I am happy that it is reasonably accurate. I am more than happy with this consumption considering I wasn't hanging around on the motorways (80mph), the car was well loaded and the engine is still tight (1400 miles on the clock at end of journey). The ride was overall very comfortable although I will say that the tires are very hard and quite noisy on anything but the smoothest surfaces (I suppose that is to be expected from LRR rubber). There were no rattles etc. from the cabin and nothing fell off or worked loose. Engine wise I found the performance more than adequate and lively if the gear change indicator is ignored (which I did). I have to say that I experienced none of the performance problems noted elsewhere on this forum.

Overall, i am very pleased with the car and its performance. It will be interesting to see how the MPG changes as the engine loosens up and I am sure that I could have improved the consumption if I had been more sympathetic with thethrottle and followed the gear change indicator.

One last thing, how the hell does the ISG work? It is the most confusing thing I have known in a car. Sometimes it worked othertimes it switched itself of under the same conditions. I think I need to RTFM again to understand its operating parameters.

That's all.

Timpernx.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Timp, yes when mines working
its a great car. Loads of space inside & 3 suitcases in the boot no problem. Other than stopped with the engine in neutral in daylight the ISG is pretty much voltage related. If you run the aircon, heaters,headlights etc together it puts a big demand on the battery so won't allow the car to stop then start again when you put your foot on the clutch. It does work on mine with maybe just one of the mentioned switched on though. I must admit It has taken some getting used to
How this system effects the battery life I guess only time will tell.

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi...new to the Forum...browsing through the different Topics I came across your 600ml journey report...I have my Venga 1.4 Diesel a few weeks now and this coming week I also have a 600ml + journey ahead of me and I'd be hoping for a better MPG return...I'll be carrying about 1/2 your described load and my right Foot would not be as heavy as yours...at the moment I'm hitting 60ish and anything around that or better will be a Bonus...I'll get back later with the +'s and -'s but so far I'm more than happy with my purchase...

Just noticed your report is a few years old so hopefully your still around and involved with the Forum maybe we can compare Notes along with anyone else who puts MPG high on their requirements.

Cheers....Dave.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I did over 1200 miles on holiday with a mpg return of 68.

Did noiice if you are on constant M/way driving, the 1.4crdi will give a fuel return of well over 70.

Enjoy your trip, and your car.

cheers Ian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you...this will be a combination of Main and Back Rds with the odd Motorway thrown in...we dont have the Luxury of long stretches of Motorways over here...but we're working on it...it will be the 1st long run of many as the Family are scattered wild and far across the Isle...anyway I'm looking forward to the Trip and with AA and Kia Breakdown Service on call sure we're only a Phone call away.
If I get anything near your figure I'll be one happy Bunny...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Your mpg will also improve after you have clocked up a few thousand miles, my 1.4 crdi improved alot after 6000 miles.

stuart

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks for responding to my ancient post! The Venga is still earning its keep and has nearly 20k on the clock. Consumption has improved as you would expect as the engine loosens up an it now returns high 50's most of the time. The car still feels new and drives as well as the first day. This car has turned out to have been an excellent choice and will be with us for a long time.Timpernx.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just back from a 6 Day Trip covering 939Km {584Mls}...must confess I'm more than Chuffed with the Vengas performance in all Areas...cannot find any faults that bothered me...from the Comfort of Driving to Passenger/Luggage space to the many times the reversing Censor came in handy nestling into tight spots...nippy Acceleration when needed and most Importantly...MPG...

When I arrived Home and sat down with the Calculator I reckoned I averaged 63/65mpg on the Main Roads and 72mpg on the Motorway...give or take...

‚¬50 fills the Tank...over 820Km before refilling @ ‚¬1.47 per Ltr...I'm no Maths Wizard but comparing with all my other Diesels taking into account the HP and Tank size the Kia Venga is out on its own...

Have to make one Negative comment and its possible its my fault...the Bluetooth lets me receive Calls but when I try to make one I end up having to pull up on the hard Shoulder and speak into the Phone even though its connected and the Radio/CD does not cut off as it did with my other Cars...as I said it could be my fault... but overall my present feelings based on this one long run earns the Venga 9/10 for a Car of its size...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, glad you like the car. I share your enthusiasm for the car overall. I (or my wife - it's her car) get in, start it up, go to wherever, come back, switch it off, job done. No fuss or bother, it does what it was bought to do and, in my opinion, it does it very well. I won't bother to rate it as it is the only car in the household and will be for some considerable time so it would be pointless. As an aside, I will say that my dealer (Hawkins Motors, St Stephen Cornwall) are excellent and deserve a 10/10. Courteous, proactive, efficient, friendly and get the job done. They also have an excellent and extensive collection of classic motorbikes to help kill the time a service takes. Have fun, Timpernx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts