Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading one of the first reviews for the Kia Rio 2011.

Overall the car does not sound bad at all.

However, two issues really got me stumped.

1. The price - £10.5k to £15k is too much.
The current price range of £8k to £12k is better.

2. the biggest diesel is a 1.4l and its a bit gutless.
0 to 60mph: 14.2 secs and only 89bhp to play with !<div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">

Come on Kia, the current Rio rocks with it's 1.5L diesel engine.
Why not carry that engine over ?
I know it has a lot to do with environmental concerns, but the current diesel engine is sweet and green enough.
Performance wise the 1.4L diesel is a bit of a dog.
Auto car quotes 'Admittedly, it's not the torquiest of engines, and the unit needs to be worked hard at motorway speeds'<div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Also no mention of a 1.7L diesel pocket rocket version either.

So Kia (if your listening at all), sorry no thanks. I will stay with my current diesel Rio thank you.

Review here :-
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/269779/kia_rio.html

Edited by: diddy1234

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its a very nice looking car but it wont grab me till they bang in the 1.7 diesel unit. I wonder how much they are going to ask for that version.
I certainly wont buy a brand new one, probably one a thats been registered or a 6 month old one that way the initial big depreciation hit has been swallowed by previous owner.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think Kia will shoot themselves in the foot if they increase prices any more. Better to stick to simple cars with proven technology than try to compete with fancy toys that push up prices and reduce reliability. I think the Venga is a good example of this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys, how about the pros and cons of a new Rio 2012 automatic gear, gas engine anyone? got mine in a zero down payment scheme here in the middle east...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts