Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just ordered my first Kia, a Ceed SW 3 1.6 CRDi. I was very keen on the Sportage however it is
a little wider than my current Frontera and my wife has issues with the width
of our garage door, so we plumped for the Ceed SW 3. Any things I should watch out for when I take
delivery.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Zoobs

Great choice, exactly what we had delivered last September, will be coming to Scotland in a couple of weeks.

Just give the car a good lookover like you would any car, if they do their job right the car should be right. Only thing I found on ours was a small paint chip caused by a careless worker fitting the headlamps, garage sorted it the following week while I waited. Make sure the I-pod cable is in the glovebox, it is standard but garages are known to remove them and later charge you if you want one.

The only thing I have found not to my liking was the 225 45 17 tyres during last winters big freeze (we are over 600 ft ASL here). We had 17" of snow on the level garden, way more in the drifts and to be fair the car only got stuck once and that was probably my fault. Just happened to spot on e-bay the following week a brand new set of 16" wheels and tyresoff a brand new Soul that had never seen the road, I was the only bidder and got them for £200. The car was definitely better on the narrower 205 tyres, will probably fit some decent Kleber all season tyres like I have on my BMW for the coming winter.

You will find that it does a DPF regen every 300 miles regardless of how you use the car, the first one will be really smelly as the paint burns off the exhaust but after that they are hardly noticable )(except the sudden increase in fuel consumption).

Happy motoring.

Paul

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Paul will keep all you said in mind when we pick the car up. On another note afriend of mine's daughter has the saloon version and has had a lot of problems with her bluetooth. Any problems in that area.Cheers Zander

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Bluetooth works a treat with our Nokia 2330 phones which cost all of £15 from carphone warehouse. Not all phones work and the list I got from Kia was useless, all the phones had been discontinued for a year or more.

Paul

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Bluetooth can be a pain at times from what I've heard, overall the Ceed is a fantastic car, my Pro surprised me as I struggled getting it neatly in the garage after owning a Vectra B for some years.... The Ceed's very spacious.
Enjoy when you get it and look fwd to hearing from you in the Ceed section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts