Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Sportage yesterday, and am obviously pleased so far.
Just one problem though, regarding bluetooth.

My Iphone 4 connects via bluetooth and phone works OK.

If I connect the iphone via the USB cable, I can also play my music through it, and phone still works via bluetooth.

However, if i restart the car for any reason, or plug the cable in before starting the car, then I get an annoying problem.

After about 10 seconds of playing the song, the bluetooth pairs up, and then the msic stops.

solutions so far, are remove the cable and re-insert, or on the ipod it'self, change the setting from "Sportage" to "Docking Cable"

It would be great if I could somehow disable the bluetooth from trying to stream ipod songs.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Isn't it a setting on the phone?

I'm sure mine asked me if I wanted to stream music when I set up the connection. It's not an iphone though.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Iphone is Jailbroken, and I think I may have just found an app, that allows disabling of the A2DP facility.
Watch this space.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can also toggle through the media source to Blue Tooth (BT) and it will play - I try to ensure that I connect the phone to the cable after it has paired.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found that I could choose between Sportage or Docking Cable on the iphone, but Bluetooth is really inferior sound quality over the cable connect. I didn't see any setting on the head unit though.

Any how, I can now confirm that the above hack to the iphone alleviates the problem.

However, until Apple apply this as an official release to the iphone (unlikely to happen), then the iphone will need to be "Jailbroken"

·
Registered
97 Posts
My iphone 4's bluetooth quality improved drastically with the last OS update, there's no difference now between Bt and cable.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm on IOS 5.0.1, and can hear a dramatic difference.
I'm unable to update to 5.1 without losing the jailbreak, which i'm not prepared to do.

I'm happy with the little teak though, it works a treat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.