Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a 2013 Kia ceed 1.6 deisel which refuses to go into 1st gear 90% of the time, both when gearbox is cold or hot
Sometimes it will go in easily but not very often.The other gears are not slick but they are ok.Any ideas would be welcome please.Kenny P.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jack,56,000 miles.I will check the rolling bit later and leave my findings!
I tried rolling the car slowly forward but still unable to engage gear,either when hot or cold.I did a small trip and twice at junctions it went into 1st gear no problem but many other times it wouldnt go into 1st.??

·
Registered
2020 Niro "2" HEV
114 Posts
When you engage reverse do you get a grinding sound as the gears engage? If so, it points to a dragging clutch. Try this. Engage second or fourth gear before trying to engage first. Does it go in any easier?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you engage reverse do you get a grinding sound as the gears engage? If so, it points to a dragging clutch. Try this. Engage second or fourth gear before trying to engage first. Does it go in any easier?
No Noises.Still wont go into first gear most of the time.Sometimes it goes in no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.