Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally collected my Rio last night with 12 miles on the clock.
The salesman spent 1 min showing me the basic controls then 5 mins pairing my phone to the cars blue tooth system!.

So now I have driven about 60 miles. The MPG is showing 57.7 average which isn't bad given the traffic this morning.

I haven't had the stop start kick in yet, so I guess the system isn't happy with something (battery level or temperature).

Feelings so far:-
Interior is big and quiet.
Have to look at rev counter as engine is so quiet.
Gears are 'short' so need to change often (probably less so when run in).
Need an electronics degree to navigate the audio system / controls.
A/C keeps on turning on even after I turn it off.
Rear visibility is limited and car size will take a while to get used to.

The audio system does have internal storage (879MBytes free) , but I can't figure out how to copy mp3 files to it.

I will keep you posted with the MPG figures.

Bruce

·
Registered
328 Posts
congrats on your car.

What is the diesel pull like in it ?
Does the engine run out of power quick ?
What is it like off boost (below 1,700 rpm) ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
The engine pulls well. (not as good as my 206 but that was the 2.0 HDi lump with about 160lbf of torque).
I will be able to try it some more over the next few days as the miles mount up as I am still trying to keep it below 3K at the moment.

Below 1700rpm it is OK , though I have found out that crawling along in 1st gear does give you a bit of a 'digital' throttle effect.

So good so far. I will report back mpg's and anything strange.

Bruce

·
Registered
536 Posts
A/C will keep turning on if you have the demist front window button selected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,I now have figured out a bit more about the stop and go.
I have now driven just over 200 miles and found out that if I have the air set to just the screen position (furthest clockwise on the dial) then the ISG doesn't work when the fan is turned on (only workes with it set to the 0 fan position).
With the air direction control set to any other position then the ISO works with the fan set to 0 , 1 or 2 (I haven't checked 3 or 4 yet).

I was going to contact the garage about it , but I finally happened upon the right combinations this afternoon.

(MPG is settling down to mid 50's mpg)

Bruce

·
Registered
234 Posts
The A/C coming on with demist is a pain i deactivated mine a week or so after buying this i believe works for most Kia's.
Been trying to find the info i'm sure i got somewhere on the forums but no luck,from memory i think you hit recycle 4 times to switch this option off (Demist without A/C) and 4 times again to put it back on (A/C with demist),may need fan on also? will keep looking and repost if i find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts