Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage GT-LINE S T-GDI (2020)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Sportage GT-LINE S T-GDI (2020) is coming up for its first service. I purchased the service plan, so the actual service is already paid for, but when I start the booking process there are various add ons offered.

Air conditioning service £95.00
IN-CAR SANITATION SILVER £35.00
CABIN AIR FILTER AND IN-CAR SANITATION GOLD £55.00

Just not sure if these are worth buying? I've not experienced any issues with the aircon,

Any advice gratefully received

dq

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
They are extras and not part of the service, tell them you don't require them. The air-con shouldn't need servicing after a year, but you can change the filter yourself, it is easy to do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you have a Kia Care plan then the cabin filter replacement should be included but it's not until the second service, doubt it would require replacing after 12 months.
Out of interest, is it the KIA site that is trying to flog the add ons or is it the Kia dealership where you are taking the car for the service.

·
Registered
Sportage GT-LINE S T-GDI (2020)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have a Kia Care plan then the cabin filter replacement should be included but it's not until the second service, doubt it would require replacing after 12 months.
Out of interest, is it the KIA site that is trying to flog the add ons or is it the Kia dealership where you are taking the car for the service.
It's the Kia website.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
842 Posts
It's the Kia website.
It’s just stuff they ask if you want at time of service etc but I wouldn’t take up those for sake of it. As others have said, air con shouldn’t need topping up for a while. My previous cee’d was still fine after 3 years. I’m sure others have had cars longer without need for air con refil?

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's called upselling, a bit like going to the local shop and the assistant asking you if want some of the sweets on offer, displayed at the counter. Or car insurance do you want breakdown cover, legal assistance blah blah....
Agree with all the comments above, not required unless you have a specific fault, even then the first instance, the question is would it be covered under warranty.
Just my thoughts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.