Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i finally picked up the optima, i have taken lots of pictures. one thing i have noticed and if you are thinking about buying one is the sound system, i have gone forthe 2 luxe pack with is suposed to come with 6 speakers, i plugged a usb stick in this afternoon and bugger me the sound is crystal clear and loud, i would not be suprised if the speakers in the doors are the infinity ones that are fitted to the 2 tech pack minus 5 speakers and a sub.

after much thought, i have come to the conclusion of lux or tech and the only big benefit for the tech is the satnav (can be a downside with updates etc as they go out of date quick and we dont know how much kia will charge to update), the exterior of the tech is a lot more bland as well without the larger front and back bumpers and the 18'' alloy wheels. you can pick a sat nav up for 200-300 so why loose the more expensive parts like larger wheels and bumpers to choose cheeper options such as sat navs and speakers, i could wire extra speakers and a sub in for just a few hundred pounds.

today i had the biggest smile on my face not because of the new car, because i felt i made the right choice with the pack i chose (2 Luxe) to me the 2 tech was not value for money and the extras that are included people on resale would not be massivly impressed with if they are paying their hard earned cash for, however bodyparts and wheels are expensive to purchase for instance

2 tech 2 luxe
17'' wheels 18'' wheels = more expensive than the 17's
sat nav possibly 300-400? extended body kit possibly 1000?
cheaper and less stylish grill crome grill suround and blacked out grills 100-200?
artificial leather and black cloth (cheep) black leather and grey cloth = more expensive than tech
12 speaker system and sub 6 speaker which is stil dead clear and loud
reversing camera in sat nav reversing camera in rear view mirror
electric sun roof

and to top it all off the luxe comes with an ipod cable and the tech doesnt, if its a tech model that should be in as standard.

if you look at that list you can clearly see its a no brainer and the luxe comes up trumps for value for money, especially it stands out for resale in the future.

i will upload some pictures in the later on as i still need to sort them out but i hope this helps some people out when choosing weather to buy one and which pack

Edited by: Optima_alex

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i removed all the rear badges as ''ecodynamic'' looked tacky

cooled glove box

im sure i have seen this cd player on the yank optima's badged up with ''infinity''?

cabin

spaciouse rear

reversing camer in rear view mirror

controles on doore for electric mirrors (folding and opening and ajustability) also there are 2 save slots for memory recording seats which is cool (next to door handle)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good looking car alex,
I had a drive in the tech and was considering one of those but I take your point on the luxe, I will have to have a serious look at that one before commiting. i would also be very interested in hearing what sort of mpg you get in real world conditions as this would be a big influence on my decision to change.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Enzo said:
Beautifulcar Alex...
..looks a dead ringer for an XF Jag !....are you sure the right name badge on her?
thanks buddy, from the rear and the side it does have an xf look to it, front looks similar to the new lexus's though (well thats just my opinion) i will be investing in some ''K'' badges from korea too (when i get round to it)

kiaman said:
Good looking car alex,
I
had a drive in the tech and was considering one of those but I take
your point on the luxe, I will have to have a serious look at that one
before commiting. i would also be very interested in hearing what sort
of mpg you get in real world conditions as this would be a big influence
on my decision to change.

yeah i just thought i would raise the point as i couldnt work the maths out on the 2 packs to be honest but i guess it depends on the individuals preference.

to be honest im not expecting good MPG until around 1000-2000 miles of motoring and the whole car is nicely settled, i have done 18miles on it today and even round town its still sitting around 50mpg on the instant display. i filled it up to the top today £90, and will see how many miles i get to the tank and get back to you on that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
big_boz said:
That looks the nuts in black with those wheels fella.
thanks boz, was a toss up between white or black but i went for black because the wheel inserts are black and it seemed to suit the rest of the car.

just ordered the K logos from america :/ lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Cheers alex, i have to admit i hadn't really gone into the specs to much mainly because i was only looking on the off chance cos i was at the dealers with the wife's car and they only had the tech 2 spec 1auto, 1 man, and the sat nav appealed cos i could see it without the bins on (age thing)
, but as i say i think you have some good points there. i have to say my Sportage has never really got much different on mpg its got 12000 mls on it now and is still averaging around 35-39 depending on roads , but 50 sounds good to start with i'd be happy with that, the one i test drove had 2500mls on and was showing around 50 also
Edited by: kiaman

·
Registered
525 Posts
Optima_alex said:
big_boz said:
That looks the nuts in black with those wheels fella.
thanks boz, was a toss up between white or black but i went for black because the wheel inserts are black and it seemed to suit the rest of the car.

just ordered the K logos from america :/ lol

White is over rated on Big cars IMO. Small fast hot hatches in White for Sure, but big cars, not so much

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Was down at Pheonix Kia today for alook and they have the Optima in its in a grey colour with the same wheels as Alex car. Very impressive in the metal. I didnt have a test drive as the one they had was sold, it was their ex demo 2 Luxe. It went for £19k odd, a few grand of a saving there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
davy said:
Was down at Pheonix Kia today for alook and they have the Optima in its in a grey colour with the same wheels as Alex car. Very impressive in the metal. I didnt have a test drive as the one they had was sold, it was their ex demo 2 Luxe. It went for £19k odd, a few grand of a saving there.
was probibally metalic graphite, i got offered an ex demo model too which was the black one that i test drove, it had a few hundred miles on the clock but im not happy with ex demos because most people who try them can and sometimes floor it to see the sort of acceleration it has (the salesmen always say ''open her up'') if this is happening from cold repetedly it wont have good results on the engine in the long run, thats why i avoided the ex demo. did consider it tho.

Edited by: Optima_alex

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
found another little feature last night, wait for it..........

Night vision reversing camera when its dark :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Optima_alex said:

Buddyat work has a focus that parks itself even in then dark, its not right watching the wheel twirl away by itself!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
big_boz said:
Optima_alex said:

Buddyat work has a focus that parks itself even in then dark, its not right watching the wheel twirl away by itself!
that just says that the film ''terminator'' is coming true, what next cars that drive them selfes like in I-Robot????

·
Registered
437 Posts
the optima 3 has the self parc feature too and the 2 tech doesnt come with an ipod cable as it has bluetooth straeming into the sat nav unit, oh and by the way, expect the optima sat nav updates to be around £145, similar to the current Ceed, Sportage, Sorento and Venga updates.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr Kia said:
the optima 3 has the self parc feature too and the 2 tech doesnt come with an ipod cable as it has bluetooth straeming into the sat nav unit, oh and by the way, expect the optima sat nav updates to be around £145, similar to the current Ceed, Sportage, Sorento and Venga updates.

my cd player has bluetooth streaming and hands free the same as the sat nav in the tech pack, i hit play on my iphone then tap the AUX and it auto connects without cables.

£145 for sat nav updates? you can buy a new sat nav for that sort of money lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.