Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boughta 1999 V sedona diesel, but no handbook,discontinued at the dealers so can't buy one.

few questions if anyone will help please?

what tyre pressures should I run?

what is the button by the window switches on the driver's door for?

the heater in the rear only blows cold - dealer says the pipes under the vehicle are probably knackered - is it a job for a fairly competent home mechanic, or a dealer job?

anyone had to get a radio code? dealer says need to put it on diagnostics, at £45 a go.. thought it should be on record somewhere..

many thanks!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Button locks the passenger window out.
Check the pipes, easy enough job if you don't mind crawling around on your back.
But the rear heater is controlled by a switch on dash marked 'HTR RR' pushing in switches rear heat on, heat comes out at floor level, big vent next to door, roof vents will only ever blow cold, this is normal.
Radio code, and diagnostics LOL! Try 1234 from memory.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
murphwiz said:
Check the pipes, easy enough job if you don't mind crawling around on your back.
But the rear heater is controlled by a switch on dash marked 'HTR RR' pushing in switches rear heat on, heat comes out at floor level, big vent next to door, roof vents will only ever blow cold, this is normal.

thanks for the replies.
the HTR RR switch is on, and air is blowing out of the lower vents,but only cold.would have thought if the pipes were gone it just wouldn't blow at all?

will do some crawling today and have a look.

tried 1234 with the radio but no cigar - do you have to press select or anything after you've entered the code?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
murphwiz said:

do the heater pipes carry hot air, or water for a heat exchanger? trying to identify the pipes.
still blowing, but cold - possibly the HTT RR switch gone?

wondered if the pipes carry water if I could replace them with flexible hose..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the rear heater working.

drove around for a while with the front heater turned off, and rear on - must have been a blockage or an airlock.might flush the cooling system out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an old thread but would you like me to copy our owners manual for you? We have a 2001 2.9 diesel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have just bought a 2001 2.9 diesel and am going nuts trying to find out the most simple thins such as tyre pressures, engine oil and gearbox oil changes (Qty's & instructions etc...) any help would be gratefully received

1 - 9 of 9 Posts