Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have the drivers seat adjusted to full height and I have noticed that it lowers itself, the same thing happened on my ceed and was a recognised fault which resulted in the mechanism being changed, has anyone else noticed this problem? or am I unlucky

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Kiaman, if your height adjustment is a lever on the outside of your seat swab, I had the same problem with the seat in the raised position.
I revearsed the lever to point tothe rear, and the seat has not moved since.

Bob

·
Registered
564 Posts
Not noticed anything wrong with mine but I will be doing around 500miles this weekend so I'll keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks guys looks like i'll be headin back to the dealers cause mine definately drops a notch or two over a week,

·
Registered
564 Posts
Done a few hundred miles since my last post and not noticed any movement (except my wife who keeps altering it to suit her!)
Edited by: Griffo

·
Registered
682 Posts
It only happened if you have your seat at the full hight adjustment, you hit the lever getting in and out of the seat.

Bob

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Bob your right i went to my dealer today and they said this could be the problem when I checked they were right because my seat is set at its highest position my leg was catching the leaver when gettin in and pushing it down about 1/2inch so lowering the seat, so problem solved
. One disturbing thing was the dealer said if they investigated any problem under warranty and it was shown that there was no fault with the part (ie engine, gearbox,seat or whatever) they would charge £35 fee ( investidation fee) but if the part was at fault it would be covered on warranty, now i have had 9 new kia's and have never heard of this charge before at any of my previous dealers, maybe its a ploy to reduce warranty claims. It seems to me people may not want to risk being charged £35 just to be told there's no fault with the car.

Edited by: kiaman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts