Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Sportage has really earned its spots in this severe weather. With none of our estate roads gritted I've watched countless cars not even managing to get away and the few that did hopelessly trying tofind any gripin the snow I've even been out to help dig a couple out of it.

But how superb has the FE has been! its coped easily with the conditions and was the exact reason I bought it after struggling last winter without any grip. I was almost embarrassed at the ease the FE rolled off the driveway and headed away down the road. I even had the cheek on returning hometo reverse it back on the drive!

Edited by: Seasider

·
Registered
70 Posts
With you there. Living on a hill it was a nightmare last winter. This year the FE has been superb. On Saturday afternoon I even towed the nextdoor neighbour's AMG Merc (which was spinning it's rear wheels hopelessly) all the way up the hill. This thing is a beast!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agree with you all. I live in the country here and we had record lows of -18c last night. There are 4 cars parked at my house-3 are completely stranded but my FE sailed up my steepish lane (500yds long) and out onto the main road. I haven't even used the 50/50 lock yet. Its just the AWD that kicks in although I've no way of knowing ie no indicator lights however the fact that its moving so effortlessly thru the snow is indicator enough i guess. Brill,just luv it. Had a scary skid on an untreated road the other day however no other cars on the road at the time thank goodness.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Last winter was nightmare with a BMW 525d - didn't get to the horse for a month. What a difference with the FE - stunning performance in the worst snow and ice for years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you listen really carefully you can hear the electro magnetic clutch
engaging on the rear axle. I have a couple of snow covered speed humps
on the drive and pulled up at the first causing the fronts to spin. Very
slight mechanical whirring noise from the rear, then sailed over.

I live out in the sticks and sad as it might seem look forward to having an excuse to pop out in this lovely weather.

I felt very smug and almost apologetic the other day as I cruised up the (wrong side)
steep railway bridge in town passing all those 2 wheel drive folks
waiting for their turn to be pushed up the slope. (I'm sure they were
cursing me under their breath)

·
Registered
38 Posts
You lucky lot i have waited and waited for a decent snow fall to try this beast out ,here in the wilds of huntingdonshire we have had a couple of flakes, my last car was a jaguar xtype this also had awd which was awrsome, it was like driving on studded tyres hope father christmas leaves a few more flakes over the next few days merry christmas to all on the forum users

1 - 8 of 8 Posts