Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i have 2.0ltr petrol fe.love it.been checking mpg on last 2 tank fulls.only returns 25mpg.i travel 30 miles to work each day.mainly rural.also book says 58ltr petrol tank but i can only get 50 ltrs in it.

also when 4 wheel drive engages does any lghts come on to let you know?

thanks.

dave

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Acedj81, I have been trying to ascertain exactly what you're trying to figure out ie does a light come on when the AWD kicks in-I haven't seen a light yet and I don't think one comes on which is odd but I think mines engaging as I'm sailing up icy stretches of road-I must see what the manual says or someone in the know in this forum might be able to help us. Obviously if you press the 50\50 lock then you know its on as you've pressed a switch. I think the auto AWD is 60\40 power to front and back respectively. Let me know if you find anything out. Cheers Johnathan (Belfast)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi acedj81 and welcome, not best time of year to check MPG and would at least wait till engine done 12K miles.

The AWD proberly operates that fast you may not see it? like ABS but you feel it.

Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Bob-I think I have to take my wife to work in am as its a blizzard here right now (23.13) and she won't be able to get up our drive in her Kia Ceed. I'd say you're right about the AWD engaging speedily and unnoticed , I just thought an indicator would have been the natural thing to have provided for the driver to see and thus be reassured. Cheers Johnathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts