Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving a Stonic through slightly sleetysnowy conditions on a motorway. My FCA warning light illuminated on the dashboard and also the master warning light. I presumed it was because of the bad conditions however having consulted my Manual it says it is a System Malfunction - and should be checked out? I have never had it illuminate before or since? Is there another explanation?

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a widely reported FCA fault on the E Niro MY20 4. In certain EMI hotspots the FCA, SCC and Auto Regen systems are disabled by OTA interference. When disabled the car presents a master warning yellow triangle and message ‘FCA check’. It will reset with restart but is intensely fruatrating if you live in a hotspot area.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's also possible that the sleet/snow was causing the forward facing radar unit to give erroneous readings. I seem to remember something in my Stonic Handbook about keeping the radar housing clear/clean. (Handbook page 6-65)

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Yea, you do get a warning when the plastic screen gets covered in snow. But pretty sure that is just "FCA deactivated" & does not include any other warnings.

I would take it back to dealer & let them have a look. Should have a error code in the ECU.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I had it last week in snow, lights on dash and it said FCA malfunction and that the radar was blocked, I cleared the snow off and it was ok, I did have to turn off the car and restart it for it to clear no problem since

·
Registered
705 Posts
There is a widely reported FCA fault on the E Niro MY20 4. In certain EMI hotspots the FCA, SCC and Auto Regen systems are disabled by OTA interference. When disabled the car presents a master warning yellow triangle and message ‘FCA check’. It will reset with restart but is intensely fruatrating if you live in a hotspot area.
OK I've got an MY20 E Niro too but wtf are you talking about? We haven't all got degrees in TLA.

·
Registered
604 Posts
OK I've got an MY20 E Niro too but wtf are you talking about? We haven't all got degrees in TLA.
There seems to be a problem where the E Niro systems are shutting down due electromagnetic interference in certain 'hotspots'. While not a direct fault with your Niro, the fact its so susceptible to EMI is going to annoy you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts