Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all.I need some advice now! I will not be able to get my car back now for at least another 3 weeks totalling six in all due to faults, and parts on back order again,that's if they can make a repair. What I my legal position on this.
is there a case now for KIA to compensate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pretty sure during the first year you can ask for a new car.

If that's your idea I'd call Kia UK and ask them about it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I would like say that they would do that, but when you ask customer support for that kind of advice, the ladies are well trained to avoid this type of request, but there must be a time limit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Sale of Goods Act nearly always puts the responsibility on the retailer. You have a right to reject an item as being unfit for purpose. I'm not sure whether you can do that and still give them one last chance to fix it. I think it would be a good idea to make "rejecting" noises to the dealer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would go back to the dealer and speak to the salesman that sold you the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi.Talk to your local Trading Standards office, they will give you the advice you need. The sale of goods act 1979will inform you that your contract is with your supplier. If the vehicle isa faulty you normally have up to 2/3 weeks to reject it however if the faults can be shown tro not be due to fair wear and tear then you have up to 6 years to reject it. Google S.O.G act 1979 for all the info. GOD LUCK!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts