Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,as soon as the frosty mornings are upon us the drivers side door opens fine but will notshut. Nothing appears to be frozen, all other doors work as they should. Drove to work with a bungee holding door shut
and ten minutes into trip heard a click from doorpanel . all was ok. This has happen twice, only had 2 cold morningsas car is new to us and same thing both days. If it does it again its back to dealers.Has anyone had the same problem?Also would this be covered on warranty as its hard to prove because it usually rights itself once warmed up. Oh and hello

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have had the same problem in the opposite way, my door wouldnt open except from the inside. Then the clicking started as i drove and it cured itself. Sounds like a faulty solenoid......i need to take it in for a warranty fix, but it wont do it on command. Several owners have this issue on the USA forum and one of them is near to a fix..... so when i find out what bit needs replacing i will let you know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi there,

I had the same problem on a frosty morning before xmas on my brand new Ceed. (I have posted about this in the Ceed forum)

My drivers door would not open, although it did right itself later in the day once the temperatures increased. I went straight to my dealer as they are down the road from me. Initially they said it was just frozen shut but then had to admit there was actually a bigger problem.

Basically, they found that there is a know fault on the master electronic latch on the drivers doors on the Ceed, and the part has been modified. They ordered one in and replaced it under warranty. My car has been fine ever since, even in the last few days of extreme frost.

Sounds to me like it could be the same latch problem on the Soul too, maybe it will be other models also??

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,well it did it again.Rang rrg kia in bury and explained the problem.this was on thurs. Got a call backoff a tech who said there is a prob with some of the new ceeds and booked me in for today.Dropped the car off this morning and was told they have ordered a new lock. Will pick car up later. must say was ready for a heated disscusion but right from the outset Kia Bury was superb.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had my drivers door not unlock a couple of times, but when I pressed lock and unlock again, it worked, will keep an eye on it. As far as warranty work, I have found 'New Barn Kia' in Bognor brilliant.My reversing camera became a bit intermittent, and even though Kia couldnt get it to fail when they had it, (typical), and after checking the cables, they ordered a new one anyway, all polite and booked in at my convenience . My mate has a large Citroen, and that has gone back on warranty loads of times, even the door glass fell out on 2 occasions, and they are doing him a favor if they can repair it at all. So glad I got a Kia.

Tony

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome back Tempestony... hope the shoulder has recovered. Sounds like your car is identical to mine for faults, i had the reversing camera replaced at the last service too.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi oggy30,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We're aware of a few door locks failing in the cold weather and replacement parts are available for our dealers to order.

This is something that we're working to prevent so our customers can be confident that their car is secure at all times.

RRG in Bury is a very good dealer ""“ we've spoken to them about your case this morning. I understand the lock has now been replaced, but if you need any more help please get back in touch.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
<DIV =Section1>
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />Glad to hear it By tempest.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521
Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 8.30am - 6pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 6pm
Friday: 8.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed
<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always; mso-break-: section-break" clear=all>