Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this can be useful enough to warrant being a sticky..

This is a link to E-OBD (ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTICS) INFORMATION.

Its shows how the system detects faults and how and why the MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) is shown.

Also it shows the location of the connection port for people wanting to connect there own fault finders.

It may turn out that some of the information maybe a little hard to understand so leave your fault related querieshere to and we'll all try help.

http://www.kia-hotline.com/files/e-OBD%20Information.pdf

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife and I have two cars. One is the Picanto and the other is a Ceed SW. We have both experienced a very slight smell similar to burning while driving either car.
It's happened in different areas of the country so it's not area related and I've checked the temp guage which is all ok.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas what it could be?
Cheers,
Gerry.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gerry said:
My wife and I have two cars. One is the Picanto and the other is a Ceed SW. We have both experienced a very slight smell similar to burning while driving either car.
It's happened in different areas of the country so it's not area related and I've checked the temp guage which is all ok.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas what it could be?
Cheers,
Gerry.
Are both your cars new? If so it is probably just them wearing in, all the parts that get hot burning off, brakes, exhaust etc etc. My C'eed has covered 1,600 miles now and still has a feint burning in smell after a medium to long journey every now and then.

Edited by: micman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts