Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening all.just had to call out the aa!!!!!!my 2006 sorento cut out while overtaking!very scary!!!it restarted but eml stayed on.got code checked and it was P1186 but aa man didnt know what it refers to.it cut out again under acceleration but no eml this time.funny feeling its the gauze filter in the tank and will see to that in the morning but would like to know what code is.any info would be great.thanks kev t

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just cleaned out the filter in the tank.unfotunatly in was clean with only a few small bits of bluetack in the bottom!!!cut out twice on test run and eml back on!!!!i presume it will be fault code P1186 back on does anyone have any ideas before kia get it tomorrow.it feels sluggish and down on power.thanks kev t.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Kev are you sure its P1186 as this code does not come up on my list. P0186 does and its the fuel temp sensor. It could be the fuel temp sensor on the fuel filter head or a wiring fault coming or going. I would try disconnecting the connector at the sensor and reinstall it. Also disconnect the heater plug and reinstall that too. I would also fit a new genuine fuel filter.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had a tunning box fitted to my sorento when i got it.i,ve just removed it and the eml has went out.the car now runs much better but still feels like its missing slightly under acceleration.i filled up the other day with fuel from tescos.i presume the box was part of my problem but has anyone had any issues with tesco diesel?or any other ideas for that matter.also where is the diesel heater so i can try disconectig it.thanks kev t

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The diesel heater sensor is on top of the fuel filter head. One connection is to the heater sensor the other is to the heater itself. There will be another connection at the bottom of the fuel filter and thats the water/sediment sensor.
Looky here. http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/105935828/CRDI_FUEL_FILTER_SORENTO_KIA_.html
The heater is the black band between filter and head. The heater sensor is screwed into filter head.
Let me know if yours is same.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi davy.filter etc is the same.the site i went to for the fault code showed it up when i put in kia as a hyundai code for low fuel pressure.this makes sense as since i,ve binned the power box its been loads better.just done 50 miles with no probs and going well.its going in for 40k service on friday so that will show anything else up.thank for your input,ta.kev t

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello there. I noticed you had some issues with power. I know my fuel pump died and it was replaced, however ever since it was replaced I'm also getting similar been driving in limp mode for a month, as garages are stumped as to what the issues are.

I currently have the error code

P1186 fuel pressure monitoring malfunction
P1185 fuel pressure monitoring malfunction
P0091 rail pressure regulator valve circuit low
P0193 fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high.

A garage tested the sensor on the pump all good
Sensors were replaced on the fuel or injector rail both sides apparently...

This now leaves us banging heads against the wall also fuel filter changed.

Not sure what else can be

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Check the fuel temperature sensor, if this problem has only occurred during the last few months as weather has got colder.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the same trouble but the code I'm getting is P1185. The engine management light is on , when car cuts out o push the grey button on top of the filter a few times and this gets the car going again, it's booked in for service in 2 weeks so I'll try and make if until then

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well folks removed fuel pump from tank and separated it as described in excellent guide cleaned it thoroughly removing all the flakes of paint put it back together, bled at fuel filter and everything's ok engine management light is now out and no fault codes on diagnostics. Many thanks Birdman and all other forum members ffor your help

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
If you find tank strainer clogged it is always a safe bet to change the filter, as the fine dusty particles get through the strainer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts