Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a Kia Carens 2008, 2.0 crdi it’s done 110,000 miles & has been sitting for almost a year, iv been starting it regularly to keep the battery going, but as I lost my job, I couldn’t afford to keep both mine & my old lady’s motor on the road. I have just got a new job so was giving the car the once over before the mot & took it for a drive around a big car park at the end of my road, to clean up the disks, when the engine light started to flash, I plugged in my OBD2 scanner & 2 fault codes were given, P0473, & P2002. On removing the engine cover it was clear the injectors were leaking, so I removed them cleaned them up & added new copper washers, which has cured the leak, but while running the engine it died & is now giving me just the P0473 fault code. Now all I can find out is that it is a sensor most likely at fault, but which one?? I am currently trying to remove the EGR valve to give it a clean, but if this doesn’t do the trick, can anyone give some advice on what it could be?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, all the best, Stevie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so iv cleaned the EGR valve & the MAF, the car started find but after about 30 seconds it started to hesitate a bit like it was gonna stall, so I gave it some gas & there was no response at all when I pushed the pedal down, it then spluttered & cut out, now it won’t start at all???!! Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise it gonna take its last journey on a flat bed to the giant car park in the sky!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts