Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning :)

Perhaps this is normal, but when ever I turn the car on, the heater fan goes into over drive and starts pelting out air at a rate of knots.

Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get that in my Carens every now and then and cant put a finger on what causes it as it does not seem to relate to outside or inside temperatures, humidity or anything.

Not that it does that often thankfully but just put it down to a glitch in the software and just manually reduce the fan speed but seems the only way to get full automatic climate control back is to turn off the ignition and back on again but sometimes even that does not work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Could it be the smart ventilation feature kicking in?
Not had it personally on start-up, but have done at various points when I've had the AC either low or off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The fast fan only comes on for me when you press the front windscreen de-mist button.
Have you depressed this by mistake?
Otherwise just make sure all is set to Auto and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Dunno about the Stinger but my Sportage has a feature where at start if it detects conditions likely to cause misting it puts on AC and fan to full. It reverts to normal behaviour after no more than a few minutes. IIRC there is a way to disable this but I forget how.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Dunno about the Stinger but my Sportage has a feature where at start if it detects conditions likely to cause misting it puts on AC and fan to full. It reverts to normal behaviour after no more than a few minutes. IIRC there is a way to disable this but I forget how.
I turn off the A/C button and press the small fan switch to turn the speed down

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I'm not sure if it's on Auto. I'll look at that. Also a good point about car detecting a mist risk.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I meant there is a way to stop it doing that so you don't have to intervene, i.e. disable the auto demist feature.
Turnup, with the greatest respect to you I did understand your post, i was merely adding to the thread an alternative answer to the OP`s question. (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a couple of things, when my fan comes on at high speed its not because of the windscreen heater being activated because, yes the blower does blow full pelt but when I get the higher speed its not as high as if the windscreen heater was on.

When the fan does this the “Auto Demist” icon on the screen is not lit but one thing I have noticed that once the Auto Demist is lit you can’t turn the A/C on if it’s off and can’t turn it off if it’s on. Question is when auto demist is activated does it activate the A/C without the A/C light coming on?

None of these to me are a problem but just curious.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When the fan does this the “Auto Demist” icon on the screen is not lit but one thing I have noticed that once the Auto Demist is lit you can’t turn the A/C on if it’s off and can’t turn it off if it’s on. Question is when auto demist is activated does it activate the A/C without the A/C light coming on?
Strange, just tried this and no problem with A/C. Was it very cold when you noticed this, sometimes A/C can not operate at lower temperatures?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Strange, just tried this and no problem with A/C. Was it very cold when you noticed this, sometimes A/C can not operate at lower temperatures?
I’ve had the car about 17 months from new and can’t be sure if it’s always been like that but no matter what the temperature is or if the windows start to mist once the auto demist icon lights up it seems to disengaged the A/C switch from whatever mode its in at the time.

It’s not been a problem and the demister works fine in fact it’s the best demister I’ve ever had but its just if the A/C is on when the auto demist kicks in I can’t turn the A/C off and my feet get cold in Winter. ?

I just wonder if that’s how the OP finds it with there car as it could be a link to the high blower mystery.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies. I think I need to get in the car and properly make a note of what's on and what's off etc. Not really going anywhere at the moment though. If I get bored in the house I suppose I could just go and sit in the car for a while and have a fiddle ??

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Having the climate control on Auto has solved the issue for me. Why it does it when auto is off is still a bit of a mystery though ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts