Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, it's my first time posting on here and was just wondering if
Anyone has experienced fading issues with their bumper?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Are you referring to grey/black plastic?
I swear they're designed to fade so we have to part with our hard earned cash on back to black bumper spray or gel !!!!
I found nothing really works for any length of time - my mirror base plates could do with a bit of love.

Welcome by yhe way :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
AutoGlym Bumper Care is the best thing I've ever found for black plastic parts on car exteriors. It's like a gel and really brings back the black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all.. Yea the bumpers are black plastic... Bought sportage brand new last jan and bumpers were badly faded after 2 months... Been back to dealer 4 times and they r now contacting Kia rep to c what's next.. Wil def try some of this Autoglym stuff tho!! Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I bought a sportage 2 months ago. The bumper has faded desperately! I went back to the dealer and I encountered nothing but stress! The owner of the garage called me a bully!! He also told me the condition of the bumper was my own fault! He said I used a solvent!! I'm a young mum and wouldn't have a clue where to find solvents not to mention havin time to apply it to the bumper! Has anybody else gotten anywhere with this problem? I'm so upset and feel really let down by this dealer!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Hi Fran, it may mean a bit of mileage, but is it worth trying another dealer. There is a thread where some dealers are listed as good/bad/indifferent, so might be worth checking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts