Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F. Cross & sons or Stoneacre Grimsby.

Hi Just wondered which one of the two above would be best for servicing my sportage when it arrives.

I live in Grimsby so Stoneacre is closer, But F Cross and Sons is only a 25 min drive for me.

Any good or bad experiences would be good ( if wanted PM me preferred).

Gaz.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most Stoneacres seem poor. Many Lincoln based drivers go to Victor Wood in Grantham or Swineshead Kia for service rather than let Stoneacre in Lincoln do it.My mate is on his 5th Ce'ed - changes every year - and saved £200 last year by going to Stoneacre. Soon wished he hadn't!Ended up with Kia UK instructing them to replace his Ce'ed and pay for 3 years servicing at Victor Wood.

They may be OK for other makes but it seems not for Kia.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it is going to F. Cross and sons. Grantham is a bit of a longer drive than Sc**thorpe.

Any one got any opinions on F. Cross and sons.

Gaz.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quiltman said:
Most Stoneacres seem poor. Many Lincoln based drivers go to Victor Wood in Grantham or Swineshead Kia for service rather than let Stoneacre in Lincoln do it.My mate is on his 5th Ce'ed - changes every year - and saved £200 last year by going to Stoneacre. Soon wished he hadn't!Ended up with Kia UK instructing them to replace his Ce'ed and pay for 3 years servicing at Victor Wood.

They may be OK for other makes but it seems not for Kia.
That's interesting, the one in Hull was very cheap for the service, but then lots of things that should have been in the service were extras.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's Rio has been into Stoneacre at Grimsby for service on a regular basis. I find that when attempting to book a service I get put through to a central office and not the local service desk. Then begins the hard sell of "extras" not included in the basic service cost. This appears to be at odds with other manufacturers who incorporate things like pollen filters etc within their standard fixed price. Not sure if this is Kia policy or a Stoneacre sales method.
She also recently had to cancel a appointment for a service at Grimsby and had notified them. However, on the appointed day Stoneacre came to collect the vehicle!! An example of their head office not communicating with the local branch.
Maybe next time we'll try Marshalls (F.Cross)

·
Registered
705 Posts
I recently needed some bodywork repairs to my Niro, ( Not my fault
), I was Insured by SAGA & their preferred repairer was Stoneacre, Sc**thorpe in my case. Marshall Kia Sc**thorpe, the main dealer, was not on their list of "approved body workshops" It appears Stoneacre did a good job, but customer service seemed to be " couldn't care less"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts