Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
lufcfan writes of the wheel protector from the disklok site costing £5. This is correct, but postage is £4""¢99. One more thing, the disklok full wheel cover is the only one that prevents the theft of the airbag. Pretty expensive to replace this and the attendant damage I should thinkEdited by: grumpycrdi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Everyone

As i have recently brought a Stinger could anyone tell me what size disc lock i require also how awkward is it to fit would i be better off with stoplock pro elite for ease of use. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
618 Posts
No read reviews, they will have to cut it off to much hassle/ plus very easy to fit, you can see mine a mile away 🤣

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just to let you know The Disklok is more expensive I know and is quite large and bulky but it is solid the Small one is the one reqd for the Stinger. I bought it ages ago and luckily its fitted all my cars. The size is shown at the bottom front of the lock

·
Super Moderator
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And here's mine.
Spends most of its time in my boot!
Think the disklock takes up less space and fits in the rear footwell.
CarLock_DSC_3397.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just to let you know The Disklok is more expensive I know and is quite large and bulky but it is solid the Small one is the one reqd for the Stinger. I bought it ages ago and luckily its fitted all my cars. The size is shown at the bottom front of the lock

Hi msimega

Thanks for the picture and size.

How easy is it to fit and does it as i heard it can be difficult and does it leave a mark on the steering wheel. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 7490

·
Registered
618 Posts
My prolock fits perfectly over the transmission hump in the back😁

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You can get an elasticated cover that goes onto the steering wheel first then the disklok goes on top, this prevents any marking on the wheel (I have used it with and without and have not had a problem).

The lock is pivoted at the bottom, opens out, slide onto steering wheel, close, pull the arm down, slide the locking catch in and push lock down to secure - Takes about 15 seconds

Below is the Disklok Steering Wheel Lock Promo Video (Shows the cover and operation - it's quick so may have to run a few times to get the idea)

cheers

Phil

·
Registered
531 Posts
I use the bags for the keys also, but don't have a steering lock.

I do wonder though, how much of a target the Stinger actually is? Aren't most cars stolen to order? I very much doubt that the thieves will have much of a market for a stolen Stinger!

I do get my car vandalised regularly though but the police aren't interested. They will only peruse humans and since the culprits are foxes, I have no hope. Unfortunately, on Tuesday night, they chewed through the car cover (have to cover the car or else the bonnet will get covered in scratches) and bit into the GPS antenna leaving lots of teeth marks. So, last night, I covered the antenna with a rubber mat, repaired the car cover and hoped for the best. This morning, the cover is ripped again, and the rubber mat was gone. Luckily no more teeth marks in the car though.

So annoying!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That must be an understatement - I would be Pi**ed, I have foxes come up the road from the nearby railway line every night scavenging, I have seen them sometimes sleeping on my driveway but they have never touched the car. Obviously you're foxes know a good car when they see it (Ours wouldn't know the difference between a Car and a Boat !!).

Seriously though, I assume you have tried either the fox spray deterrents or the electronic pest deterrents ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've tried everything. Nothing works. I had a motion activated noise deterrent, and they even permanently disabled that. The reason I have so many is that my neighbour feeds them. I've politely asked her not to, but she persists. Not a lot I can do really. They've even been into my kitchen in the summer and stolen shoes :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All

As for the foxes i am so glad i don't have this problem it must be so annoying.

Regarding what locks to buy for the car decided to go with the pro lock purely based on storage.

Hopefully it is never needed but will just act as a deterrent.

Really appreciate all the comments.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts