1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've got both faraday bags and full steering wheel cover lock ... had my F-Pace stolen from my drive so taking no chances.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have and use the Disklok Steering Wheel Lock which luckily has fitted the last three cars I have had so has paid for itself tenfold over the years. I also have and use Faraday Pouches for the Spare and the Key I use day to day.

The one for my normal keys and car key is a double size pouch so I can put the whole lot in the pouch without taking keys off the key ring. The spare is always in a smaller pouch all the time.

The only downside with the Disklok is it is quite heavy and bulky, but it covers the complete steering wheel, I also have a liner that goes on the steering wheel 1st to stop any marks on the wheel and a carrying case for storing the lock when not in use.

The Stoplock Pro and the Disklok are both well worth the money

·
Registered
516 Posts
I second the faraday pouches, but take the pouch into the car and make sure it actually works!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also have 2 pouches in readiness for my Stinger. Have checked with my current car fob and they work absolutely fine. Also got one for my contactless cards.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will wear/get damaged eventually - especially if you also put things like keys in the woven metallised Faraday bit.
I'm planning to check mine at least once a month!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I keep my key fobs in old baccy tins. Those round travel sweet tins work well, too.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rizmo said:
I keep my key fobs in old baccy tins. Those round travel sweet tins work well, too.
I'm thinking the same, but since it was cigarettes and I gave up over 40 years ago don't think I'll find them!

However I have found some metal boxes that would fit my pocket (see picture)!

The one on the left is a business card holder from Next that someone gave me and would be fine for credit cards.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got round to trying my StopLock Pro in my GT-Line S but the horn kept sounding as I was trying to close the hardened clasps!So looked for the larger (bend) version, the Pro Elite.
But Argos didn't have any closer than Llandudno - so I got my money back instead.

Will probably order the Pro Elite online - it's about £60.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also my boxes (shown in a previous post) were too small but am currently investigating glasses cases!

As an experiment I wrapped a smart key in kitchen foil and found it very effective even when placed right next to the car.
So could be used for spare key if not needed on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That's the one I have, extra security as it covers all the steering wheel and can turn so they (People up to no good) cannot use it as extra leverage to snap any steering lock or cut the Steering wheel to get it off. Luckily for me when I bought mine it has fitted the last 3 cars I have had so it has paid for itself no end.....

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's no doubt that the Disklock is the best one for security!

But it's fiddly to fit and difficult to store in the car.

There's no point in me getting it if I never put it on!

That's why I've gone for the Stoplock Pro Elite.

(Due to be delivered tomorrow!)

·
Registered
263 Posts
GTOldie said:
But it's fiddly to fit and difficult to store in the car.
1. Don't disagree.
2. I have a 6 year in a child seat, who doesn't need a foot well at the moment

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GTOldie said:
That's why I've gone for the Stoplock Pro Elite.

(Due to be delivered tomorrow!)
First one had broken plastic cover but now received (and fitted) the replacement!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am interested in buying a disklok steering wheel for my Stinger but have been told it will mark/icrush part of the steering wheel due to weight, after taking it off you will be able to feel with your hand where the weight has been pushing down.

Anyone have a disklok and if so does this happen as really wont want to damage or slightly put out of shape the padding on the steering wheel. If very complicated to put on.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See earlier posts for details as both Gdank and msimega use them on their Stingers!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Drew32 said:
I am interested in buying a disklok steering wheel for my Stinger but have been told it will mark/icrush part of the steering wheel due to weight, after taking it off you will be able to feel with your hand where the weight has been pushing down.

Anyone have a disklok and if so does this happen as really wont want to damage or slightly put out of shape the padding on the steering wheel. If very complicated to put on.

Thanks
Yes I used to have this problem with my Focus ST - the leather was very soft and was easily impressioned with the weight. I did two things and my wheel stayed perfectly intact:

1. They do a wheel cover you can order directly from Disklok. They're a fiver and help stop any grazing to the leather.

2. When you lock it, rotate it around so that the bar points down the left side of the wheel rather than across on top. It's the bar which creates the pressure point, down the side of the wheel it's got nothing to push against so doesn't leave any marks / impressions at all.

Hope that helps!

Edited by: lufcfan

1 - 20 of 38 Posts